Frustrated

Whit

I can not eat dinner tonight. It's like my stomach has closed up. Thought I was done with this . I guess its Protein drink in a bit.

Bummer.

I have days like this as well, and I'm five and a half years out. I put it in the fridge and hope I can eat it later. I also had a shake. Other days, it's like I'm a bottomless pit. Strange days indeed.

Alternating with "Tape Worm Days". Some days I never get full. Other times, esp out to eat, my stomach just cramps up. It's a no-go. I don't sweat it, I know later on I will be hungry. Also, if I get upset, I cannot eat. Used to be the opposite when I was fat. Upset? Eat.

I'm pretty sure the reason I can't eat much in a restaurant is because of the bread. It's there, it's usually good, with lots of butter and salt, and I eat a few pieces (usually the crusts, while Charles eats the innards), with my adult beverage. Then I get something wonderful and can't eat much (duh!) - but I eat it when I get home.

Honestly, it keeps me from having to consider dessert (which I only can eat a few bites of before I get tired of it anyway), and I love a good piece of bread and butter - which I rarely eat at home.

@Spiky Bugger , what is maltodextrin? I'm pretty sure it's a carb, but it sure sounds like sugar to me. For some reason, I'm thinking wheat. It's the third ingredient.

@Spiky Bugger , what is maltodextrin? I'm pretty sure it's a carb, but it sure sounds like sugar to me. For some reason, I'm thinking wheat. It's the third ingredient.
The good folks at wiki-know-it-all say...

Production[edit]
Maltodextrin can be enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usuallycorn; in Europe, it is commonly wheat. While wheat-derived maltodextrin may cause concern for individuals suffering from gluten intolerance, maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the majority of the protein is removed, rendering it effectively gluten-free.[citation needed] If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, it will appear on the label. Even so, the maltodextrin itself will be gluten-free.[3][better source needed]

The good folks at wiki-know-it-all say...

Production[edit]
Maltodextrin can be enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usuallycorn; in Europe, it is commonly wheat. While wheat-derived maltodextrin may cause concern for individuals suffering from gluten intolerance, maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the majority of the protein is removed, rendering it effectively gluten-free.[citation needed] If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, it will appear on the label. Even so, the maltodextrin itself will be gluten-free.[3][better source needed]

Yupper. I knew it was a carb. Thank you, Oh Wise One.

Latest posts

Back