Found a new trick for kidney stoners

bearmom

Despite doing the things that help prevent my stones (Urocit-k, extra magnesium, etc) I still get a few small ones on occasion.

I learned from my dad, and his before, that jumping up and down and landing with a thud, as well as doing something to cause straining like lifting the end of the sofa up or shoving the piano around, could be effective popping a stone through a tight spot.

Well, I tried something new today to move a painful little stone on it's way. I had back surgery several months ago, and my usual things like jumping, grunting and hula are not possible for my back right now, so I asked my hubby to go buy a heavy duty vibrator. Not the kind used for sex, but the huge things with a long handle that can be used on your back. One that plugs into the wall with as much oomph as possible.

I put the vibrator on my back flank area where the pain started, and when there was a change in the pain location, I moved it to the bone closest to the surface on that side, which was my hip bone. Having the vibrator on high laying on that bone vibrated my whole pelvis. I passed the stones in two pees. That's record fast for me. It was also in smaller fragments, which is odd considering I didn't have it blasted (lithotripsy will cause gravel, rather than one solid stone). I'm not sure if it's because of the huge amount citrate I take and stuff I drink to get my urine to a more neutral ph making the stone more crumbly, or the vibration, but I will absolutely try the vibrator next time I feel a stone.

Ahhh, feeling so relived to have that stone out and what is likely endorphins that had kicked in due to the pain. I can now feel warm and fuzzy while looking at the new stones through a jewelers loupe, lol. Yah, I'm that gross.

Good info.

My new PCP advised me to drink LOTS of lemon juice, but the UroCit was easier. Do you test to check your pH levels?

GREAT idea! I bought one of those "Vibrators" also, cost a couple hundred bucks. And NO, NOT the sex type, (thought that was funny…lol), though I must admit, my “Mind” did di-gress a bit when I first turned it on…:D.

The problem I have is getting someone to use it on me, on my back. The GD thing ways a ton and is like a jackhammer! So, being the “Wyle Coyote” engineer type that I am, I rigged it up and mounted it to an old chair, made it adjustable and can now “massage myself”, my BACK…. The only problem is, I have to put the chair on carpet because the vibration resonates through the whole house and it feels like a GD earth quake…:D.

OMG! @robs477 i am laughing my ass off at you and a giant non sex vibrator duck taped to a chair... would you consider pics so we can recreate it if we need too?

now, after all that I am sorry you and @bearmom suffer from those whacky kidney stones.

I've had kidney stones. The worst pain ever. Really, I'd rather be in labor. At least you get a break every few minutes.

Amazing that you'd even think of this @bearmom I'd be too busy puking my guts out, pacing, hyperventilating and foully cursing from the agony to even think of using a vibrator. I just go to the ER for big girl narcotics.

And you bet @robs477 I wanna see the stoner chair.

Good info.

My new PCP advised me to drink LOTS of lemon juice, but the UroCit was easier. Do you test to check your pH levels?

Tried the lemon juice, and while it helped some, it wasn't enough. Tough on the teeth too. I still drink it when I can, but since my citrate still measured low in my urine, we added Uricit-K. Each time it's come up a little, but not enough, so my Urocit-k just was upped again, and it's a little bit rough on some other body parts.

If your drinking much lemon juice and you can't brush each time, carry some sf gum.

I may have to pass these tricks along to a cousin who had his first ever kidney stone recently. And @robs477 you are a regular McGyver, or maybe a Rube Goldberg style engineer https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ap4UwrMcZ7VrUxdVcg7bZkObvZx4?fr=yfp-t-901-s&toggle=1&fp=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=rube goldberg

There is lots more Rube Goldberg stuff on the Internet if you're interested.
I've unfortunately had 30 years of kidney stones to think about these things, but my father and grandfather honed the grunting, jumping and twisting methods for over 60 years each. Blurg. For me to pass a stone in a mere few hours, and with no intervention is miraculous.

LOVE Rube Goldberg, and made a museum trip to the east coast specifically to see Rube Goldberg display, the spy museum, and a hologram display.

GREAT idea! I bought one of those "Vibrators" also, cost a couple hundred bucks. And NO, NOT the sex type, (thought that was funny…lol), though I must admit, my “Mind” did di-gress a bit when I first turned it on…:D.

The problem I have is getting someone to use it on me, on my back. The GD thing ways a ton and is like a jackhammer! So, being the “Wyle Coyote” engineer type that I am, I rigged it up and mounted it to an old chair, made it adjustable and can now “massage myself”, my BACK…. The only problem is, I have to put the chair on carpet because the vibration resonates through the whole house and it feels like a GD earth quake…:D.
I'd like to see this too. I'm too lazy, and just put it on the bed, and wedged a pillow against because it tried to vibrate out from under me.

If you don't feel too hellish, you should try singing with it on. Truly frightening.

I've had kidney stones. The worst pain ever. Really, I'd rather be in labor. At least you get a break every few minutes.

Amazing that you'd even think of this @bearmom I'd be too busy puking my guts out, pacing, hyperventilating and foully cursing from the agony to even think of using a vibrator. I just go to the ER for big girl narcotics.

And you bet @robs477 I wanna see the stoner chair.

At least with labor, you end up with a cute little baby. After this, I have a gross little gritty stone. Seems like it should be AMAZINGLY beautiful after so much effort, and should be suitable for mounting in jewelry.

I've unfortunately had 30 years of kidney stones to think about these things, but my father and grandfather honed the grunting, jumping and twisting methods for over 60 years each. Blurg. For me to pass a stone in a mere few hours, and with no intervention is miraculous.

LOVE Rube Goldberg, and made a museum trip to the east coast specifically to see Rube Goldberg display, the spy museum, and a hologram display.

Threadjack:
When I was a kid, I fell in love with Rube Goldberg drawings/cartoons. And I had an Erector Set. (And a chemistry set...three years ago, I visited with a childhood friend...he and I used to play with our chem sets on Saturdays. He's a PhD in some scientific venue and a Glaxo Smith Kline researcher.) Too bad that way back then, nobody in my family/schools/neighborhood thought that girls "needed to" go to college, unless they wanted to be a nurse or a teacher. I wonder how many potential engineers were knee-deep in traditional life by the time women started majoring in stuff like engineering, chemistry, science...

I mean...SOME slipped through the cracks, I had ONE woman doctor. But I come from the day when girls were required to take Home Ec classes and not allowed in Shop (auto/metal/print) classes. I fought my way into a summer school drafting class in high school. Until I got there, it was another boys' clubhouse.

Some of this explains why I'm sure that the morons longing for the days of "traditional family values" need to be bitch slapped into reality...lol

Last edited:
Could someone post a picture of these miracle devices? Then I'll do a Google search to find one. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back