For those interested in Leptin (the obesity hormone) - my results

star0210

For fun and out of curiosity, I ran a leptin test when I ran my 6 month labs.
The range for my current BMI is between 9.1 and 50.4.
My level is 4.2.

Attachments

• leptin.docx
    125.4 KB · Views: 2
I really have no clue! I've seen several conversations about the subject of leptin, and it made me curious but I haven't done any research on it to know what the results might mean.

This is what Solomon on Fb had to say...he's one who believes that it all boils down to leptin.

I really have no opinion whatsoever...I haven't done the research...have only read snippets here and there. But I know there are several science minded people here that I thought might find this interesting.

Thanks Leigh. Very interesting but not surprsing at all. At the 4 range, you're in fact not far from from some anorexics who display levels in the 2s. I'm sure mine are even lower than yours. This is why we are relatively resistant to weight loss, among other reasons. Even the DS cannot trump basic biology. Also, your last link above can be a bit confusing to people new to this. Leptin is not useful for weight loss, per se, particularly in the leptin-resistant obese, just as insulin injections are not useful in T2 diabetics in curing the disease. The problem is not leptin insufficiency but functionality. So, the issue is only for the "weight-reduced" - people who've lost more than 10% of their weight. These people (mostly) are not leptin resistant. They are leptin-deficient. (Similar to the difference between T1 and T2 diabetics.) And leptin injections have been shown repeatedly effective at normalizing all metabolic dysfunction characteristics. It blows the mind that this is not available yet to us as a weight-maintenance therapy.

Personally, for me, IMHO, I don’t believe Leptin is the “smoking gun” or “Magic bullet” that we are all hoping for as some are saying. I do believe it is just one hormone of many that they are not even close yet to fully understanding and there are many other hormones still yet to be INDENTIFIED. Also, Leptin is strongly linked with Ghrelin, especially regarding its inner actions and pre-triggers that could burn fat real time instead of storing it.

Ghrelin is more commonly tagged as the "Hunger Hormone", but, Leptin does appear to be more related to satiety (which is similar to hunger but not the same) as well as our fat storage or burn triggers all of course interacting with the hypothalamus.

I also disagree with what that dude said about “Leptin resistivity isn’t the problem its the amount”…..As I have said many times, I believe with all my being that the same “Insulin resistive components” that are immediately reversed when the DS is done…IS THE SMOKING GUN! IF they could figure out what precise mechanisms cause that, then were getting somewhere because I believe that’s the real problem.

I felt it, I feel it, I have lived it. As soon as the DS was done, my cells were put back in check. In my lay description, they started talking to each other again, communicating, sending the right send and receive signals and doing their job. In essence, that’s what insulin resistivity is which is labeled Type II diabetes, the inability of cells to absorb or uptake insulin.

That cellular absorption and fat regulation is what they should be focusing on. Leptin IS definitely only ONE component of this yet to be fully defined complex equation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back