Food Journal Mon 7th April

huneypie

Wannabe
Well I'm happy to report that I'm over my case of cracked corners of the lips - AKA angular chelitis which looked like the pic below. Mine was fixed by taking 5,000mcg of Superior Source biotin for 3 days. I'm hoping taking it 2 or 3 times a week will suffice, but I'll play with it and see how I feel as there doesn't seem to be a lab for this one as far as I see.

I will own up to having about 4 raw egg whites about a month ago (it's the only way to have meringue with Splenda, otherwise you have to use sugar if you're cooking it). Anyway, just don't eat raw eggs!!

Wikipedia says "deficiencies can be caused by consuming raw egg whites over a period of MONTHS to YEARS." I'm guessing 4 raw egg whites for me equated to a normy consuming them for months or years!! :thumbsdown: I think I was teetering on deficient anyway, which is why I had a box of it in the house.
images

B1 Protein coffee (30)
S Yogurt (5)
B2 Eggs & sausages (25)
L Chicken salad (35)
S Banana
D Chili w lotsa grated cheese (30)
Protein total (125)
F 72+
V All in (inc 8 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

Last edited:
ouch, looks painful - glad you are over it. I've heard the biotin makes your hair more lovely as well.

I just had my 4th cup of coffee - not too good - but I also started my cardio exercise again today. and I am going to continue, tracking how many times per week - shooting for 3 - 6.

then, hopefully, I won't feel discouraged when I miss a day.

Having an I do NOT want to eat today type day!
B#1 Yogurt/butter coffee
B#2 Chicken strip
S: Fig bar
S: the rest of the protein shake from yesterday
L: Beef broth...
S: Protein bar
And supper just doesn't sound interesting regardless of what I fix.

B1- quest bar- 21
B2- slice of frittata- 17
S- low sugar detour bar-15
L- chicken salad- 36
S- sausage queso dip- 30
D- glazed pork belly & cauliflower purée- 33
S- peanut butter- 8
Total- 160

Last edited:
I tried cauliflower in small amounts a couple months ago and I seem to be ok with it, maybe a little extra gas, but nothing uncomfortable. I still find it bizarre that cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli are ok, but spinach and lettuces aren't. Wacky insides :cautious:

*the times I've made it I've used lots of butter, cream and cheese and then never eat more than 1/2 cup so that's probably at least part of the reason why I haven't had issues.

Latest posts

Back