Food Journal Fri 4th April

huneypie

Wannabe
Yippee I made it!! TGIF :partytime:

I was in an all day meeting and succumbed to a muffin... weirdly no ill effects. I don't know if this is what's normal at 21 months out or what.

B1 Decaff Protein coffee (30)
B2 Sausage egg and bacon (25)
S Muffin
L Chicken leg (30)
S Yogurt (5)
D Chicken curry - yum yum!! :) (30)
Protein total (120)
F 72+
V All in (inc 8 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

Yippee I made it!! TGIF :partytime:

I was in an all day meeting and succumbed to a muffin... weirdly no ill effects. I don't know if this is what's normal at 21 months out or what.
Maybe today it's okay...and tomorrow it will be like a bomb in your guts.

B#1 Yogurt/butter coffee
B#2 2 fried chicken pieces (leftover)
L: Chicken Almandine
S: Fig bar
S: Protein bar
D: Hamburger patty with cheese and about 1/4 cup of mac & cheese
S: Fried mozz cheese

Vitamins done, except for bedtime.

Last edited:
did well today (so far!) and got myself a deli meatloaf so I can do well tomorrow, the toughest day of the week.

and right now? :XXcomputer: and also :cocktail: (although it's wine, not whatever she's having)

I'm always SO impressed by your food diary! I'm really struggling with getting in my protein and creative ways to do it. I'm 3 weeks post op. I know about the 30g/30days 60g/60days and 90g/90days. Just struggling. I loved premier protein shakes preop and now I fight to get them down. They make me gag. I haven't found a protein powder that I can even kinda deal with, so I've focused on animal sources. I just feel like it's never enough. I'm hitting close to 30g a day...sometimes more so I guess I'm on track???

Any thoughts, suggestions, enouragements?? Can you tell me about this protein coffee?? I love coffee!!!

B- low sugar detour bar & almonds- 21
S- chicken salad- 36
L- capicola & smoked gouda- 24
S- shake- 24
S- 3/4 of a chocolate cupcake (yes, I caved to the sugar beast, I'm paying for it already and so is everyone around me!)
S- quest bar- 21
D- pulled chicken- 24
Total- 150

Jordan- what shakes have you tried? Have you gotten any sample packs? If you want to try different brands, I'd suggest buying from vitamin shoppe or GNC because they'll take back and open product if you don't like it and just try another one. Keep going until you find one you like (I loved chocolate dymatize elite before I figured out the whey powders bothered my tummy, it was one of the only ones I actually enjoyed instead of just choking down).

Maybe today it's okay...and tomorrow it will be like a bomb in your guts.

B#1 Yogurt/butter coffee
B#2 2 fried chicken pieces (leftover)
L: Chicken Almandine
S: Fig bar
S: Protein bar
D: Hamburger patty with cheese and about 1/4 cup of mac & cheese
S: Fried mozz cheese

Vitamins done, except for bedtime.
Looks like you had a good day.

I ended up getting up in the night to poop, nothing awful other than having to get up during the night.

did well today (so far!) and got myself a deli meatloaf so I can do well tomorrow, the toughest day of the week.

and right now? :XXcomputer: and also :cocktail: (although it's wine, not whatever she's having)
I'm glad you're doing OK. I never did get a taste for wine, other than maybe low alcohol lambrusco or some asti spumanti - I have a very sweet tooth. :D

I'm always SO impressed by your food diary! I'm really struggling with getting in my protein and creative ways to do it. I'm 3 weeks post op. I know about the 30g/30days 60g/60days and 90g/90days. Just struggling. I loved premier protein shakes preop and now I fight to get them down. They make me gag. I haven't found a protein powder that I can even kinda deal with, so I've focused on animal sources. I just feel like it's never enough. I'm hitting close to 30g a day...sometimes more so I guess I'm on track???

Any thoughts, suggestions, enouragements?? Can you tell me about this protein coffee?? I love coffee!!!
I make a cup of decaff coffee and put and a big glug of heavy cream in my shaker. I then add some cinnamon and the protein powder and shake. You may want to go easy on the cream if you're still prone to diarrhea as most noobs are... I'm prone to constipation, so I need the cream to help me go.

At your stage I was having a lot cheese triangles, fish sticks, fish, Greek yogurt (Greek has double the protein of regular), egg drop soup, quiche innards (ie no the case), egg and cream cheese pancakes which you can see the recipe for here http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

They're easier to make if you use a whoopie pie pan like this one http://www.amazon.com/review/R3B6ER...e=UTF8&ASIN=B004CYELQE&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag= (I bought a cheaper one once and the size of the pancakes was stupidly small).
81ZaIsSPXKL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
B- low sugar detour bar & almonds- 21
S- chicken salad- 36
L- capicola & smoked gouda- 24
S- shake- 24
S- 3/4 of a chocolate cupcake (yes, I caved to the sugar beast, I'm paying for it already and so is everyone around me!)
S- quest bar- 21
D- pulled chicken- 24
Total- 150
LOL for those consequences, still a good protein number. Hopefully the consequences will help you get back on the straight and narrow!! ;)

Jordan- what shakes have you tried? Have you gotten any sample packs? If you want to try different brands, I'd suggest buying from vitamin shoppe or GNC because they'll take back and open product if you don't like it and just try another one. Keep going until you find one you like (I loved chocolate dymatize elite before I figured out the whey powders bothered my tummy, it was one of the only ones I actually enjoyed instead of just choking down).

I've tried about 5 different brands. I didn't realize the vitamin shoppe would refund opened containers! I originally loved premier protein shakes. My husband suggested instead of drinking them straight putting them in the blender with ice and making a milkshake consistency. The taste isn't too terrible, it's more consistency for me right now. I think I'm going to make a trip to the vitamin shoppe though :)

Thanks @southernlady ! You guys have me curious about this protein coffee!

Here's how I make my protein coffee:
Make a Keurig cup of coffee (I use caramel coffee)
In a blender bottle, combine milk and protein powder and shake it up a lot.
Mix coffee into protein powder mix.

Latest posts

Back