Food Journal Mon 17th Feb

huneypie

Wannabe
It feels like I wasn't even on holiday now!! :frown:

I need a pick-me-up so here are some funny pics of pets. Please note that the cat isn't fat - it's how they shaved its hair. Shaving of cat hair raises another question - how the heck did they hold it still for long enough to do that??

There are more pics here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-craze-sees-pets-turned-predators-cruel.html
article-2551494-1B2FE9EB00000578-64_634x694.jpg

B Decaff protein coffee (30)
S Yogurt (10)
L Spaghetti Bolognese (40)
S Cashews (20)
D Chicken Kiev (30)
Protein total (130)
F 72+
V All in (inc 7 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

POOR Kitty!!!

B#1 Yogurt, butter coffee
B#2 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon
S: Fig bar
L: About half a piece of fried chicken thigh (got tired of it halfway thru)
S: About 1 oz of chocolate covered coconut pieces

Rest pending.

I know, I wonder if vets could offer this as a service. Knock kitty out for whatever procedure it's having and then as it's asleep anyway... bwah ha ha - can you tell I'm not a pet owner!! :biggrin:

I did dog sit for a week though and quite liked that - it was summer so taking the D-O-G for a W-A-L-K was nice (coz you can't talk about walks around them unless you're really talking them for one, so you spell it out if you simply wish to discuss it - or that's what we did at least).

I am doing much better with water today and ramped up the cardio to 30 minutes. last week I had set my alarm back to 5 AM and then forward to 6 again and now back to 5 again. I need to exercise and it won't happen after work.

:showoff:

I have a ton of left over chicken that I am just eating plain (and it's kind of dry) because I am sick of chicken salad. maybe chicken tacos?

planning your food: it's SO important!

B Syntrax Crystal Sky protein (yuck) (23)
L 2oz Kirkland tuna w/mayo (16)
S 1/2C applesauce w/Unjury protein (never again) (21)
D chicken soup (3)
S2 string cheese (8)

Rest pending...

Experimenting today is not going well! ;)
Protein so far 71
Water so far 48

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to try to remember to participate in these threads since my protein levels need to be raised and hopefully this will keep me accountable and you guys can scold me if I slack!

B1- quest bar- 21
B2- Crustless quiche and bacon- 33
S- egg white protein shake with a little cream- 24
L- bologna and cheese roll ups- 15
S- chicken meatballs- 15
Planned
D- marinated & grilled skirt steak & a little broccoli- 28
S- shake- 24
Hopefully that'll be 160g protein, and on a regular basis, that'll be enough to raise my levels!

I'm glad you're doing better and God bless Mexico, I love their food :)

I am doing much better with water today and ramped up the cardio to 30 minutes. last week I had set my alarm back to 5 AM and then forward to 6 again and now back to 5 again. I need to exercise and it won't happen after work.

:showoff:

I have a ton of left over chicken that I am just eating plain (and it's kind of dry) because I am sick of chicken salad. maybe chicken tacos?

planning your food: it's SO important!

LOL you don't like the shakes already, it took me a while to dislike them... if only regular consumption of chocolate caused me to go off that too.

You're making good progress and with a bit more water that'll be great :)

B Syntrax Crystal Sky protein (yuck) (23)
L 2oz Kirkland tuna w/mayo (16)
S 1/2C applesauce w/Unjury protein (never again) (21)
D chicken soup (3)
S2 string cheese (8)

Rest pending...

Experimenting today is not going well! ;)
Protein so far 71
Water so far 48

I'll be surprised if you don't get to good levels with 160g. Protein shakes are very absorbable. I'm on a phone now, but later I'll link you to the DSfacts page on protein.

When do you next get your labs done?

Ok, I'm going to try to remember to participate in these threads since my protein levels need to be raised and hopefully this will keep me accountable and you guys can scold me if I slack!

B1- quest bar- 21
B2- Crustless quiche and bacon- 33
S- egg white protein shake with a little cream- 24
L- bologna and cheese roll ups- 15
S- chicken meatballs- 15
Planned
D- marinated & grilled skirt steak & a little broccoli- 28
S- shake- 24
Hopefully that'll be 160g protein, and on a regular basis, that'll be enough to raise my levels!

I'll be surprised if you don't get to good levels with 160g. Protein shakes are very absorbable. I'm on a phone now, but later I'll link you to the DSfacts page on protein.

When do you next get your labs done?
Huneypie- I think I've read everything on dsfacts, but maybe it's time for a refresher :) I just had my labs done and posted them in the labs section on Sunday. I had a bunch of things that were low, but my prealbumin was referred to as "scary low" so I need to pick that up.
P.S. I never made it though to my nighttime shake, I konked out on the couch right after dinner, so I ended the day with 134g :facepalm:

@brooklyngirl this is the page I meant http://www.dsfacts.com/protein.html#.UwOJxfl_vZw

I know what you mean about it being good to get a refresher - I'm the same.

This part about bioavailability is good (below) plus the part on probably not absorbing too much over 30g of protein in 2 hours is interesting.

Keep on keeping on and you'll get there.

"Bioavailability refers to the protein's ability to be used by the body and it is measured by Biological Value (BV). The higher the BV, the more bioavailable the protein. The BV numbers below demonstrate how easily the body (pre-DS) can absorb these protein types. The last few protein types mentioned on the list would need to be blended to make a complete protein.
whey blended products, BV 100-159
whey, BV 104
egg, BV 100
cow's milk, BV 91
egg white, BV 88
beef, BV 80
fish, BV 79
chicken, BV 77
casein, BV 77
soy, BV 74
potato, BV 71
rice, BV 59
wheat, BV 54
beans, BV 49
peanuts, BV 43"

Thanks @huneypie ! I did read that a while ago, but it has a different meaning to me now! According to the weight recommendations and rough malabsorption I should get in at least 156g per day. Hopefully that'll be enough to kick things up. Thanks again! :058:

Latest posts

Back