Food Journal Fri 21st Feb

huneypie

Wannabe
I have to get back on the wagon and I need some low carb inspiration. The custard I cooked is yum and I've started nibbling on it before dinner - I can see myself making some more. I've put my microwave recipe for this at the bottom of the post. Do you have any favorite recipes?
images

B Decaff protein coffee (30)
S Cheese (10)
L Sweet potato cottage pie w extra cheese (30)
S Yogurt (5)
D Basa fish fillet (25)
S Low carb real egg custard (15)
Protein total (115)
F 72+
V All in (inc 6 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

LOW CARB CUSTARD
1 egg
1 egg yolk
About a cup of heavy cream (I didn't really measure)
Couple of spoonfuls of Splenda
A dash of cinnamon

Blend together and cook for 1 minute in a 1,000 watt microwave, leave a few seconds and then cook for another minute... what forever for it to cool down, or do what I do and cook ahead of when you plan to eat it!! :D

images

LOW CARB CUSTARD
1 egg
1 egg yolk
About a cup of heavy cream (I didn't really measure)
Couple of spoonfuls of Splenda
A dash of cinnamon

Blend together and cook for 1 minute in a 1,000 watt microwave, leave a few seconds and then cook for another minute... what forever for it to cool down, or do what I do and cook ahead of when you plan to eat it!! :D

THAT looks good!

Okay, B#1 Yogurt/Butter coffee
B#2: 2 eggs
S: Fig bar
L: (over with my daddy so options were VERY limited) 1/2 ham & cheese sandwich, ate mostly the inside left LOTS of the bread. Salad...unfortunately the only protein this time were the bacon bits, altho I did get some full fat dressing.

Rest is pending

check out some of these recipes. the Food Renegade is not low carb, specifically...oh, wait a minute - paleo - well, check it out. she is full fat for sure.

I am doing so-so with drinking water and eating today but last night was a festival of ice cream. also, I haven't exercised in two days. :087:

back later.

Eh, not so hot today...
B- quest bar- 21
S- smoked Gouda, marinated mushrooms- 11
L- buffalo chicken salad- 30
S- almonds- 6
D- went out to Ryan's and had too many carbs even though lots of protein- 41
S- shake- 24
Total- 131

Not a good day for me either...showered, put make up on and got dressed to go out for dinner and I'm just plain exhausted today.

B Chike coffee protein (20)
Water, iced tea, water, iced tea
Sleep...
D Dead Lobster Ultimate Feast (for my eyes at least)...3 bites of lobster, 2 crab legs before gate shut on my tummy! (10?)
S sf Popsicle

Protein (30)
Water (55)

Hubby and son had a nice extra feast of all my leftovers! I did manage to save some lobster and 2 crab legs to nuke tomorrow. It was a bad day for eating and getting stuff down but a nice day to get out and feel "normal." :)

Eh, not so hot today...
B- quest bar- 21
S- smoked Gouda, marinated mushrooms- 11
L- buffalo chicken salad- 30
S- almonds- 6
D- went out to Ryan's and had too many carbs even though lots of protein- 41
S- shake- 24
Total- 131
Oh dear, it was a respectable amount of protein at least and tomorrow's a new day, we all mess up from time to time. :)

Not a good day for me either...showered, put make up on and got dressed to go out for dinner and I'm just plain exhausted today.

B Chike coffee protein (20)
Water, iced tea, water, iced tea
Sleep...
D Dead Lobster Ultimate Feast (for my eyes at least)...3 bites of lobster, 2 crab legs before gate shut on my tummy! (10?)
S sf Popsicle

Protein (30)
Water (55)

Hubby and son had a nice extra feast of all my leftovers! I did manage to save some lobster and 2 crab legs to nuke tomorrow. It was a bad day for eating and getting stuff down but a nice day to get out and feel "normal." :)
You're not very far out @Taterweight so going on the rule of 30g protein in 30 days you're doing fine. IMO it's better to eat less and keep it down than to eat and then barf :)

check out some of these recipes. the Food Renegade is not low carb, specifically...oh, wait a minute - paleo - well, check it out. she is full fat for sure.

I am doing so-so with drinking water and eating today but last night was a festival of ice cream. also, I haven't exercised in two days. :087:

back later.

Thanks for the link. Have you tried low carb ice cream? It might help 'scratch an itch'.

Latest posts

Back