finding the holidays hard

Honeybeeblue

Hello again

With the holidays here. There is chocolate and candy with cookies everywhere. I did binge eat them all the last three days. I know I do know better, but what can I do ?or what do some of you do to keep on track during this time of year. All year I have been really good and say no to all this but right now it's harder than I thought. PS if I go gain weight how hard does it come off again? Thanks ladies and gents. Hope you all have a great holiday season

Put treats out only when there are people there that can eat them. Otherwise, keep them out of sight and hopefully, out of mind. Don't give in to the cravings. Do something else.

Holidays are hard for almost everyone. Cut yourself a little slack and try to be reasonable. Reasonable is better than eating everything in sight. For me, being told I can't have something makes me want it all the more.

This goes back to when I was a fat kid. The Holidays were the only time there was junk/sweets in the house and I was allowed to eat them. I quickly developed the mentality that I needed to eat as much as possible today because tomorrow they would be gone. Replaced with another dreary year of dieting.

Years of watching the normies finally taught me that food wasn't an all or nothing proposition. The normies did not avoid eating everything that was 'bad'. They just had SOME whenever they really wanted it. Knowing they were in CONTROL and could have some whenever they pleased. I learned control was the real issue and my all or nothing eating during the Holidays was a direct result of feeling like I had no control over what I ate. The hardest thing for me was getting over the feeling that whenever I got something GOOD, I had to eat it all right now before someone could take it away from me!

Tonight I'm going out to dinner. And I'm going to have dessert and eat exactly what I want. Because I said so! I'm in control!

Holidays are hard for almost everyone. Cut yourself a little slack and try to be reasonable. Reasonable is better than eating everything in sight. For me, being told I can't have something makes me want it all the more.

This goes back to when I was a fat kid. The Holidays were the only time there was junk/sweets in the house and I was allowed to eat them. I quickly developed the mentality that I needed to eat as much as possible today because tomorrow they would be gone. Replaced with another dreary year of dieting.

Years of watching the normies finally taught me that food wasn't an all or nothing proposition. The normies did not avoid eating everything that was 'bad'. They just had SOME whenever they really wanted it. Knowing they were in CONTROL and could have some whenever they pleased. I learned control was the real issue and my all or nothing eating during the Holidays was a direct result of feeling like I had no control over what I ate.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner. And I'm going to have dessert and eat exactly what I want. Because I said so! I'm in control!
Very well said. Thank you. The control over what I eat is more important.

I also have a hard time. sometimes I try to do moderation...sometimes that works. in general, I find it is easier not to start eating sweets than it is to start and then stop.

but you also need (and by you I mean me!) to feel like you get some goodies. planning them helps - I will say no to this and this and this because I REALLY like this and so I can take one home with me.

so, experiment and whatever happens, be kind to yourself.

Years of watching the normies finally taught me that food wasn't an all or nothing proposition. The normies did not avoid eating everything that was 'bad'. They just had SOME whenever they really wanted it. Knowing they were in CONTROL and could have some whenever they pleased. I learned control was the real issue and my all or nothing eating during the Holidays was a direct result of feeling like I had no control over what I ate. The hardest thing for me was getting over the feeling that whenever I got something GOOD, I had to eat it all right now before someone could take it away from me!

You were planning on taking me, right? As your guest, right?

it's the holidays. And yes there will be all sorts of treats around. Make choices to really enjoy a little of what you really, really like. In the past, we often ate large volumes of things we marginally liked. Now with smaller tummies, we can choose to use that valuable real estate to have a little of the most delicious of the treats. I found that after surgery, my tastes changed a lot. I now prefer cheesecake over shortbread, and my tummy prefers the cheese to the flour. I also go for the shrimp rings, and the cheese trays and the amazing dips. AFter the holidays, the magic of the DS will help you lose the weight you put on, if you go back to basics - high protein, low carb and lots of water

How about this: Make a quest out of finding the most fabulously wonderful morsel in the entire pile of goodies. Go after it like a treasure hunt. Then sit down and enjoy every single last taste of your perfect "find." Wish yourself a Merry Whatever, crow for joy that you can have NORMALCY in your life, and go on about your day.

Tonight's dinner is at the Tuscany. And tomorrow is seafood at Main Street!

I had considered Fuego at the Fiesta...their lamb chop dinner and eggnog créme brûlée dessert looked tempting. But that would have required showers and something other than jammies, I think. It's not too late...I guess we COULD still go there. But we've been entertaining ourselves taking THE NEIGHBORS' leaves out of our pool.

Latest posts

Back