finally got a new DS Surgeon.. Dr. Daniel Cronk..now what???

ciampu1

hello everyone, i believe i told you guys about my initial quest to get the DS surgery revision from lapband with Dr. I at the UM clinic last December. However, i was told that i did not qualify for the surgery because my weight did not meet the guidelines. this decision was made without the Dr. seeing me. To add insult to injury he recommended via his nurse that i should remove the band, wait six months and get a sleeve. I was very disappointed and upset to say the least, but with the motivation and recommendation i got from this forum, i was able to contact the Methodist Bariatric clinic in Omaha. The call i placed was answered, the lady on the line was very pleasant and courteous. I thought she would want me to sent records before scheduling an appointment, but that wasn't so, she was ready to take my information and schedule me to see a doctor right away. Initially, i wanted Dr. Antoine for the revision, however she stated Dr. Antoine only does open, and given my predisposition to scarring badly, i wanted a Lap revision , thus she recommended Dr. Daniel Cronk. My experience in meeting Dr. Cronk was one of the most soothing and pleasant experiences I've had with a doctor in a long time. He was very respectful, knowledgeable, and was willing to accept that i can get a DS even though i am less than 300lbs. he stated he is willing to customize the DS to my weight so that i can lose the desire weight and not over lose and get complications. he was very calm, very understanding of my struggles and fears.

Now my questions?....

I am very much aware Dr. Cronk is a highly distinguished, and accomplished Dr. In this field, however all my research on whether he had perform DS surgery based on patient reviews have come up..nil to none. I asked him and his clinic staff whether he does perform this particular surgery and if so why isnt it listed on his profile. they tell me he does but right now i want to be assured i am picking the right surgeon, does anyone know anyone who has had DS with Dr Cronk? what was your experience? was your surgery successful?? please help me get come clarity and comfort.

Welcome! Glad to see you made it here! I haven't seen Dr. Cronk on any of the vetted DS surgeon lists but I'm a newbie. I'm sure the vets will be able to weigh in on his qualifications or lack thereof. No pun intended. :D

:rainbowwelcome:

I've seen his name and I'm thinking that he is associated with Dr. Anthone, who is very experienced and highly regarded, but that's all my poor memory can come up with. If you are still worried, ask again for specifically how many DS's has he done. If the number is ok with you, that's all that matters. You could even ask to speak with one of his post-op patients, keeping in mind that he and his staff can't release any information (even a name) without written permission from the patient due to HIPAA confidentiality rules.
And I'm SO glad you found someone willing to help you and had such a good experience with him and his staff.

I would ask Cronk (who has been mentioned a few times as an Anthone associate) if Anthone would be available if there were any issues. I too would rather have lap than open, if possible, and Cronk has been under the tutelage of Anthone, a bona fide DS surgeon. But I would also be closely questioning how he plans to construct the DS - I am NOT good with the tiny sleeves and longer common channels Anthone has been doing.

Latest posts

Back