Dumbass

SwitchedUp

Rock Star
Ok, so as some of you know, I had a VSG in April of 2011. My "surgeon" botched it and I lost nothing. I went to Dr .Buchwald and started the DS process and when they did my endoscopy, they said that if it weren't for a staple line, they'd never have known I even had a VSG. The entire fundus was entact and stomach was normal sized. Fast forward to 6 months ago. I have a friend that I use to work with that is now overweight. He messaged me and asked for advice to which surgery type. I told him I'd never get a crapband or RNY and to go with either a sleeve or DS. Of course, DS isn't done in ND. I warned him to NOT use Helbling and told him my VSG experience. 2 months later he lets me know that he is all nervous and he has a surgery date....WITH HELBLING. Since then, he has changed his surgery date about 3-4 times and the most current one is on the 15th, so 7 days from now.

Ok, now he is a grown man and can make his own decisions. What I don't understand is why he would ask me my opinion and I give him a horror story, then he does exactly what I advised him not to? There are other very capable surgeons here that haven't had all the complaints that Helbling has. Even another one with the same hospital, so it is not an insurance issue. Now, he messages me all the time saying "my buddy so-and-so had a sleeve with him and has lost X amount in X time".

I like to call people like these askholes. Is it totally wrong of me to want him to gain weight? Argh.

Ok, now he is a grown man and can make his own decisions. What I don't understand is why he would ask me my opinion and I give him a horror story, then he does exactly what I advised him not to? There are other very capable surgeons here that haven't had all the complaints that Helbling has. Even another one with the same hospital, so it is not an insurance issue. Now, he messages me all the time saying "my buddy so-and-so had a sleeve with him and has lost X amount in X time".

I like to call people like these askholes. Is it totally wrong of me to want him to gain weight? Argh.
They are the Rainbows and Unicorns crowd...only want to hear what they have already decided on doing. You did all you could.

Tell him to come HERE and get the benefit of our very helpful opinions.

And "askhole" is a PERFECT description - in fact, we should send all the "askholes" (except the ones we love) to PB.

I love askholes! Brilliant! I am stealing that one!

And why is he doing this? Because one doc is the same as another and why be inconvenienced. But seems now that he can't even get a surgery date anyway. So many people think like this. I remember a few years back people kept on going to Heap even after they were told by multiple people to run. And folks like that deserve what they get. Sad but you can't fix stupid.

Tell him to come HERE and get the benefit of our very helpful opinions.

And "askhole" is a PERFECT description - in fact, we should send all the "askholes" (except the ones we love) to PB.
I know, huh?! He is apparently mad at me since I went to send him the link to here on facebook and he has not only unfriended me, but blocked me. Thank God. Although I do kind of love to watch a train wreck.

IMO, men are the worst. Talking with them about the DS is a lot like trying to shove a worm back into it's hole. I have 2 male friends who were perfect candidates for the DS. Highly intelligent gentlemen with severe obesity and overeating habits. A third one died before I could tell him about the DS. The other two are askholes. One had the refillable Crapband and died of kidney failure after gaining 50 pounds in two weeks. The other one is afraid of major surgery to rearrange his guts. Instead, he wants to know what I am eating, so he can do it the way I did (**headsmack**). Jesus, Mary & Joseph. It's like I'm talking, but all they hear is "blah blah....she looks good.....blah blah blah......BACON". FMR

I have a friend like this too. Even though I've talked and talked, he's going to end up with a RNY because his doctor doesn't do anything else and he can't see that maybe that would make him suggest the RNY.... Argh!

The crapband man's wife didn't want him to have sleeve or DS because it was "too invasive". She's now a widow. That's so sad.

The crapband man's wife didn't want him to have sleeve or DS because it was "too invasive". She's now a widow. That's so sad.
oh, geez, that is sad. and horrible!
there needs to be an especially hot place in hell for the surgeons still giving people bands :mad:

IMO, men are the worst. Talking with them about the DS is a lot like trying to shove a worm back into it's hole. I have 2 male friends who were perfect candidates for the DS. Highly intelligent gentlemen with severe obesity and overeating habits. A third one died before I could tell him about the DS. The other two are askholes. One had the refillable Crapband and died of kidney failure after gaining 50 pounds in two weeks. The other one is afraid of major surgery to rearrange his guts. Instead, he wants to know what I am eating, so he can do it the way I did (**headsmack**). Jesus, Mary & Joseph. It's like I'm talking, but all they hear is "blah blah....she looks good.....blah blah blah......BACON". FMR
LOL!! At least they heard BACON! ;)

How is it possible to gain 50 pounds in two weeks? Poor thing! He must have been in such a tailspin. Horrible.

The 50 pounds, he told me, was water weight gain because his kidneys were shutting down. His doctor gain him a fill right before that happened. He was living on McDonald's shakes the last time I saw him alive.

Latest posts

Back