Duh_MOMs update - 80 days post op

duh_Mom

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a while and trying to stay caught up on at least reading the posts. Took the day off work so actually feel like I have time to post.

80 days, - just over 11 weeks post op. I finally started feeling pretty good about 8 weeks out. I am able to eat all proteins, but no red meat yet - just ground beef and I have been wearing it out! I have been enjoying fish, mexican - eat the insides with a spoon, pork, chicken and the rare veggie.

I had my first business trip last week and did ok with that. Realized on the trip that I was eating to many veggies and not getting in my protein. I was doing like a stir fry so decided to separate out protein and the veggies eating protein first - I know sounds simple doesn't it. the user name is DUH... Making changes in my food to reduce carbs- it is very easy to get to many in. Mixing my protein drinks in ½ and ½ with h20 now instead of milk to help with that. Actually cooked my own fish so I could control the amount of breading on it. stuff like that.

Had to take 12 f'ing days of steroids - seems there was damage to my vocal cords at the second surgery that caused granulomas to form - the voice is a lot better, not quite all the way better but better than 12 days ago. :) . The steroids really made me want to eat, eat, eat, and made me bitchy as hell - it was scary really. Thought I was going to be one of those that messed myself up. They have been stopped now for several days and that insane OMG I need to eat something is abating. AND, I am not feeling bitchy anymore.

Guts have been in good shape finally - seemed like I was actually starting to trend towards constipation so bumped up the olive oil, which worked like a charm.

Cleaned out the closet - it is flipping empty now. i have lost over 65 lbs - which if my sorry calculations are correct is about 44% of EWL. This is based on an ideal body weight of 148 - which would put me in a 'normal' BMI. I may revise that goal as I go along cuz I am not sure I will really get there but for today it works.

Got some NSVs to report:
1. Did not need the seat belt extender on my business trip and the arm stayed down on the 3 seat across seats.
2. Able to do 15 minutes on the treadmill without my legs going to sleep (bad back)
3. actually bought some shorts at the walmart for 11 dollars - they never had my size before
4. been running and shopping with the girls a lot - could not keep up before - even with one of the 'girls' that is 92.
5. Was in a 30 or 32 pant - now got 22 or 24s.

This is all freaking amazing. yep, I was sorry the first several weeks - shit it was hard and I was scared and in pain - but like you all promised. It passed. I healed. I did not have as hard a time as some and had a harder time than some others. So, I am thankful for my journey so far and can say I am enjoying.

So great to hear from you, my DS twin!
Sounds like you are totally rocking it even in spite of the steroids. I had to take them once for just a week a long time ago and truly felt like I was possessed by a starving demon.
Your weight loss and NSVs must feel so good. Keep them coming!

You are doing great! I am so glad that you are feeling better and are racking up the NSVs.

Congratulations! Glad you are doing well and getting out to run and shop with the girls more. Fun!

Agreed - the first few months suck. At least they did for me too. But once you start feeling more and more normal - life is good and keeps getting better! Congratulations on your progress and those NSVs!

Latest posts

Back