DS journey update #2

Kassandra

Haven't posted anything here for a while, but have been enjoying reading up on the journeys of others and their approval processes. Things have been plugging along in my own journey and figured I'd give an update. Had my consult with Dr. Rabkin on Oct. 20th, which consisted of being weighed, vitals taken and watching a video of the various procedures offered. Of course it also included meeting Dr, Rabkin, who was very nice, and the other staff was pleasant as well. The only downside of the day was the drive there...oh how I loath driving in the city (SF), which is why I rarely go there lol. Bummer Pac-lap isn't right off the freeway, but oh well. Rabkin gave me some things to complete- labs, chest x-ray, ekg and ecg. I've done the first three, and now need to go in for the ecg and a physical exam for pcp clearance. In my fast reading I thought I needed the ekg only, otherwise I would have had the doctor order that up and got it out of the way the same day. My physical exam is scheduled for tomorrow and at that time I will have the Dr. order the ecg to be completed..hopefully I can get it done same day also, otherwise sometime soon. The upcoming holiday makes things a bit tricky as my regular PCP is out of the office for a while, and I have to see a dif. Dr. for the physical. Hopefully that won't cause a hindrance with the approval, but I'm rollin' with it since it shouldn't matter being Dr. #2 is in their network. Admittedly I am a little apprehensive about the ecg. Maybe because it's the really the last thing that stands between me and the final approval. But, as I've read in some other threads, better to find out any OTHER issues anyway on the front end then rushing into surgery. Hopefully all will be well though, and I can get a surgery date for the tail end of this year or start of the new year :rolleyes:

Thanks all! I had the physical today and they were able to squeeze in the echocardiogram right after, so boom! All requirements now complete:ROFLMAO:
The stenographer said from what she could tell, everything looked good and nothing abnormal. The cardiologist still has to review the results, but everything should be added to my medical record by the end of today. I'll ring the referral coordinator in the morning to make sure she sees them, but hopefully she will be able to do her portion of submitting same day. Doing a slow slide into home plate now lol. My foot....is.....almost....there lol:D

Latest posts

Back