Dry mouth

Firewife204

Since I’ve been drinking water only I have been getting dry mouth and lips. I love that I’m getting my water intake in and no longer drinking sugar drinks but this dry mouth has been awful. Any suggestions or ideas to help with this ? This is the first I’ve heard of this happening

Since I’ve been drinking water only I have been getting dry mouth and lips. I love that I’m getting my water intake in and no longer drinking sugar drinks but this dry mouth has been awful. Any suggestions or ideas to help with this ? This is the first I’ve heard of this happening
How far out from surgery are you?

Try some electrolytes. I find it helps. Whenever I'm feeling parched or dehydrated I add some electrolyte powder to my water, as it seems to help the cells and tissues take in the hydration better. Also, there are products by Biotene that help a lot with dry mouth, like mouthwash that doesn't have the more drying ingredients in it most brands do.

I have dry mouth due to autoimmune diseases, but the first few months out from surgery it was way more severe... I think the surgery impacts it somehow. I'm 5 months out and it is back to its normal level now, but I also am careful to use products that don't contain things that make it worse.

Find a good lip balm that has ceramides in it, those help the skin barrier repair itself. There are a few good ones out there. If you need a suggestion I can go hunt them down, just let me know. The one I'm using right now is some Korean brand my sister got me for Christmas and I love it!

How far out from surgery are you?

Try some electrolytes. I find it helps. Whenever I'm feeling parched or dehydrated I add some electrolyte powder to my water, as it seems to help the cells and tissues take in the hydration better. Also, there are products by Biotene that help a lot with dry mouth, like mouthwash that doesn't have the more drying ingredients in it most brands do.

I have dry mouth due to autoimmune diseases, but the first few months out from surgery it was way more severe... I think the surgery impacts it somehow. I'm 5 months out and it is back to its normal level now, but I also am careful to use products that don't contain things that make it worse.

Find a good lip balm that has ceramides in it, those help the skin barrier repair itself. There are a few good ones out there. If you need a suggestion I can go hunt them down, just let me know. The one I'm using right now is some Korean brand my sister got me for Christmas and I love it!
I haven’t had surgery or have a date yet, im still getting all my nutrition classes completed lol. I did order some electrolyte water packets to try and see if that helps. Maybe I need to try something besides tap water too lol

I haven’t had surgery or have a date yet, im still getting all my nutrition classes completed lol. I did order some electrolyte water packets to try and see if that helps. Maybe I need to try something besides tap water too lol
Ohhh... Good luck with the appointments!

Yeah, I'd definitely try the electrolytes then. I had a lot of issues pre-op with water moving too fast through my system and not absorbing properly. The salt in the electrolytes seems to slow it down. But yes, with the dry mouth I very much notice a difference between tap water vs water filtered with my fancy filter that takes all the crap out!

The other product that helps is xilymelts... especially at night time. You tuck one in your mouth and it dissolves all night, and helps moisten dry mouth. The sugar in it is a type that does not cause cavities

FWIIW if you search on Biotene on amazon xilymelts shows up too

I use Flintts Mints. You order online. They come in fruit flavors and were originally designed for "cotton mouth" for pot smokers but they really work and aren't gross like the ones in the dental aisle. I like the strawberry, tangerine and lemon.

Latest posts

Back