Dr K/Upper GI

weaura

Dr. K ordered an upper GI for me after our video conference yesterday. He asked if I'd had a BPD or a BPDS in 2004, I think I had the BPDS but I'm not 100% certain. He said considering all the surgeries I've had that I would have a lot of scar tissue, and he cannot commit to anything yet because there are too many unknowns.
He sent me an order for an upper GI and I'm hoping to have that done Monday. Maybe after that I can find out if he's willing to take on my case and do a DS.

An Upper GI makes sense to get an understanding of your anatomy and the potential challenges.

Regarding committing to any procedure, I know the good Dr will want to investigate and make sure YOU ARE BOTH on the same page. If he can help you he will do it, but this process is as much about educating you on the options as it is him learning about your condition/history. One thing Dr K said to me several times when I was talking to my other surgeon before committing to come out her for the revision was, "remember you are the customer so ask your surgeon for anything you need to know". He really does believe his job is to serve your medical needs, and he also really enjoys doing what he does. So don't get frustrated or worried if the process takes a little time. If he can help you he will.

An Upper GI makes sense to get an understanding of your anatomy and the potential challenges.

Regarding committing to any procedure, I know the good Dr will want to investigate and make sure YOU ARE BOTH on the same page. If he can help you he will do it, but this process is as much about educating you on the options as it is him learning about your condition/history. One thing Dr K said to me several times when I was talking to my other surgeon before committing to come out her for the revision was, "remember you are the customer so ask your surgeon for anything you need to know". He really does believe his job is to serve your medical needs, and he also really enjoys doing what he does. So don't get frustrated or worried if the process takes a little time. If he can help you he will.
Yes, I agree. I'm under a time contraint in the sense that my current insurance ends Nov 30th and although I will continue to have insurance I don't know if it will cover WLS. I am encouraged by all the things you and others have shared about your experiences with Dr K. I'm not worried, but hopeful that he will think I'm a candidate for the DS. I believe things work out the way they're supposed to. :)
How long will you be staying in CA? It seems like your journey back to IL will be difficult :eek:considering the major surgery you've had.

Yes, I agree. I'm under a time contraint in the sense that my current insurance ends Nov 30th and although I will continue to have insurance I don't know if it will cover WLS. I am encouraged by all the things you and others have shared about your experiences with Dr K. I'm not worried, but hopeful that he will think I'm a candidate for the DS. I believe things work out the way they're supposed to. :)
How long will you be staying in CA? It seems like your journey back to IL will be difficult :eek:considering the major surgery you've had.
We fly back on Monday.

Latest posts

Back