Do you know the way to San Jose? [San Jose CA | Jun 21, 2015]

Come to the Bay area early - you need a vacay anyway, and the party is on Sunday - you could hang around for the week before going up to Santa Rosa for the wedding.

I wish I could. I have a thing in Portland on the 24th I can't miss.

What's worse, is I actually do have vacation the week after going from Santa Rosa area up around the olympic peninsula in WA for 9 days. 9 days with my MIL. In a car.

With regrets, I tried a number of different possibilities, but just can't make the logistics work this time around. I hope to see you all some other time! :)

@hilary1617 ...Oh, Hil, that is very sad. I was really hoping to see and meet you too. BUT, understand how difficult it can be to make schedules work, especially with family and given all our hectic paces, and I SO appreciate you for trying. IF your travels bring you to the Houston area ever, you and yours will always be welcome in my home for a visit, so you have a standing open door offer.:)

@hilary1617 - did you consider staying in San Jose? There are probably more reasonable prices around here than at the beach or in SF ... If that was an issue rather than scheduling.

@DianaCox, The initial premise for trip was that I was supposed to attend a girls night out in Santa Clara the following weekend, and I was trying to stretch that out to come a week early.

In any case, the Santa Clara concerts we wanted to attend have caused a run on hotel rooms in Silicon Valley, so the only thing in the area I can get the next weekend is the Epiphany @ $400/night per room - we'd need at least two rooms for two nights. Flights are around $500 each. My girlfriends are now getting wet feet as they are reluctant to spend $1000+ each for our girls' night out.

So, then it would just be a family vacation, but to be honest, the family (other than me) isn't keen on the idea. I've been feeling like I've been pulling teeth trying to get everyone excited. I even found a really cool hotel which is opening (Zephyr) and fantastic activities, but they weren't particularly enthused.

The last straw was my new local manager who joined two weeks ago (I have three bosses - two in London and now one in NYC whose position had been vacant for the past year). She has some rather antiquated ideas about working (e.g. she has her e-mails printed for her). We have a big deliverable June 26 and I had planned on working remotely from the hotel for a few days that week. I can tell this will make her very uncomfortable as she is unfamiliar with and has expressed a great dislike for flexible working arrangements... Sigh.

TWO MORE WEEKS FROM TODAY PEOPLE!!! My Family and I are very excited about our whole trip and also meeting and visiting and grilling some nice Rib-eyes for you guys!

AND - it will be Father's Day!

I know huh! That means we can hopefully get to meet tyour kiddos also, and, I will be having to pay extra special attention to Charles steak in particular.

I plan on PM'ng you within this week or so and I'll send you my cell# etc. Of course I know you already know this, but, Im just an "attention to detail pain in the arse" sometimes, but, IF you dont mind and could go to Costco as we talked about and maybe pick up the steaks (like 1 or 2 days before), then that would help since I will have nowhere to store them. OR....I can try to pick them up on the way, BUT with it being Fathers day weekend, they might run out by Sat??? Thats my primary motivation for asking?

Remember, this was suppose to be "My Treat", so, I will re-imburse you whatever the cost is when I get there and that is ABSOLUTELY required and non-negotiable..;)..That was our deal;)!

Headcount is currently:
  • Charles and me
  • Stepdaughter and granddaughter
  • (My daughter and her b/f, for later because she has some function to attend during the day)
  • My gimp son and g/f (maybe)
  • Cathy and Randy
  • Jackie
  • Larra
Am I missing anyone? @Whit? @BigIsland Tammy?

Hi,
I will be out of town that weekend attending a Graduation. I am really sorry to miss meeting Rob, seeing "the gang" and of course most importantly kissing the newest baby!

Whit

@Whit I'm so sorry you can't make it this time! I hope we'll meet again in the future.

I took the liberty of inviting Chris (Crazeru from OH), whom we have met before at Diana's house and I think prior to that at support group, and who is someone we helped with appeals back when. I told her to check here for details and if she hasn't contacted Diana by now it sounds like she's not coming. That's too bad, as she's very nice, and much involved with Dr. Sauceda's plastic surgery patients as well. Well, if she shows up, she can have half my ribeye.

Latest posts

Back