Do these numbers mean an infusion?

Jashley

I am tired. Butt draggin tired. So I had the iron checked and here are my numbers.

Iron: 67
Iron sat: 18
TIBC: 377
Ferritin: 193

I have been taking 5 of Vitalady tender irons 60 mg Elem Carbonyl Iron, 4 Poly-Iron 150 (by Cypress Pharma), and 2 Proferrins ever day for 6 months. My numbers are not budging. They are a couple of points down from January. Am I a candidate for an iron infusion?

Secondly, if I had the infusion, would that give me any more energy/endurance to get through the day? Would I feel better?

Thanks for any guidance.

Your iron saturation is worrisome...anything below 30% can cause issues like Restless Leg Syndrome or daytime drowsiness.

I found that the Tender Iron didn't help me. I take Proferrin. Now @MajorMom takes both to help her iron levels.

I too have iron issues that seem to bounce around the map a lot. Hemo went from 11 to 9 in 3 months. I have not changed the iron I take. I too take tender Iron, but am thinking of switching to Proferrin. Wondering opinions on the pros and cons you are experiencing. I know this is opinion and NOT medical advice, so fell free to give me any opinions you can and I can make my own decision from what I glean from you all. thanks so much. NitaS

Latest posts

Back