Distraught

I am so sorry. You loved him so much. He knew it. I'm sorry you had such a sad ending.

News like this always makes me cry even when I have never met the person or the pet; I just know how great the love between the two can be. It's especially endearing when the animal came to a home from a shelter to imagine how wonderful Loki's life was after finding a forever home. My condolences.

I'm so sad to hear this. I can't think of any words other than my heart aches for you.

So sorry Diana! We where all hoping for a happy reunion someday. I know you are devastated! We have just read to much sad news about fur babies lately. (((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm watching Onyx gently cleaning Mimi right now - it was something that he did with both kittens, and especially with Loki, all the time. As Mimi got older, she didn't really want Onyx doing it so much, but now, she lets him.

Since Loki has been gone, Mimi's behavior changed - she's become less stand-offish and more affectionate. I think she was a little miffed by Loki's boisterous good nature and overt affection with most people, and stayed more reserved in response. I'd like to think some of Loki has passed into Mimi, and that he is still, in a small way, with us.

So sorry, Diana. As you know, MiniSue had to put down her rescue cat not long ago, and she spent this afternoon at the vet because the other cat she rescued, the one she has had for 12-13 years, has been very sick...due to...you ready?...stress. MiniSue provided a very temporary foster home to a cat whose human had died and she has had a severe schedule change with the new job...and the old lady cat just couldn't not keep up with the changes. She's on meds now and is expected to do well...but it serves as a reminder that she is an old broad. (The cat, not MiniSue.)

MiniSue has no offspring of her own and this cat has been a true comfort to her for well over a decade. I fear that we will have to institutionalize her (MiniSue, not the cat) when she finds herself dealing with what you are dealing with right now.

I'm planning on a mojito and a Valium...consecutively, not concurrently...and hope you find an equally comforting crutch for your pain.

Latest posts

Back