Diet / food questions

Wow @DSRIGGS boy you have had more issues than me. I freaking CANNOT believe you eat that much and still malnourished.

My issue is not like that. I can't get anything in to stay so I end up malnourished. I eat and vomit or it comes out the other end like 15 times a day I have number 2. I've been good so far since I was treated for h pylori .

Doesn't this whole issue being malnourished and being too thin seem like a joke. I've been a fat azz all my life now I'm too thin ok where are the hidden cameras?

Wow @DSRIGGS boy you have had more issues than me. I freaking CANNOT believe you eat that much and still malnourished.

My issue is not like that. I can't get anything in to stay so I end up malnourished. I eat and vomit or it comes out the other end like 15 times a day I have number 2. I've been good so far since I was treated for h pylori .

Doesn't this whole issue being malnourished and being too thin seem like a joke. I've been a fat azz all my life now I'm too thin ok where are the hidden cameras?
Yeah I hear you Honey. Actually I like my weight and just want some strength. I just need to build back some muscles. I am up to 186 this morning which is about 15 pounds over where I was pre-revision.

That stinks on not being able to keep stuff down. My stomach hasn't been an issue and after a few months post surgery could eat. Dr K originally wanted to give me a J tube but once I explained that eating was no issue at all he quickly said, yeah no need for you to have one.

@DSRIGGS are you doing any physical therapy? I have PT and OT twice a weak. I know what feeling weak feels like. I have no physical strength I can't even open water bottles. My kids literally have to open them or if can't get in them the 16.9 oz ones. I can't lock or unlock the front door. I'm getting to the point I can almost shut the car door when I get in. But as much as I hate to admit it therapy is really helping me. Before starting at home I could only lift my right arm almost up to my bust line now it goes up an extra 40 degrees. Soon I should be able to do my hair if it grows back this time. The things we take for granted until you can't do it. The big one is wiping your own azz. I'm to the point I can reach it just not strong enough to actually wipe. I know TMI.

Hopefully you're headed in the right direction. Keeping weight on! After your hernia repair you are not allowed to have anymore medical issues. Lol I know how I wish it were that easy.

No I don't do physical therapy. I did for my shoulders for a while. I am not as weak as what you are describing and sorry you are going through that. That being said, it is all I can do to lift a 24 pack of water and I could do that with a finger before surgery. My issue is extreme fatigue, reduced strength, gut aching, feeling like garbage in general and a brain fog.

I do like Veal!!!! :p

Breakfast 1
4 jumb eggs 32 grams
1/2 cup shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend 10 grams
Slice of oatnut toast with crunch peanut butter and grape jelly 10 grams
4/5 slices of bacon, or sausage patty or ham/turkey meat in eggs. 15-18 grams
Coffee with half/half and splenda couple grams ....I have about 283 cups :D
60 -75 grams

Breakfast 2
Leftover meat or something if have anything and a yogurt or a sunny up egg on oatnut toast with sausage patty and slice of Monterrey jack cheese

25 - 40 grams

Lunch
Burger or some kind of sandwich (mostly meat and cheese), some soup or some cottage cheese.
50-60 grams

Snack
yogurt and protein bar
15-25 grams

Dinner
16 oz steak , pork chop, Fried chicken breast, thigh and wing, grilled chicken, half a pizza (mainly just toppings but some thin crust) 100 -120 grams
Veggies
Potatoe with butter sour cream 4-5 grams
I know this is a very real problem for you and I know you will win and it will be OK. But every time I think about you I always think damn...he got the DS I wanted!

But every time I think about you I always think damn...he got the DS I wanted!

Tell me about it @Munchkin. Eat all I want and stay thin. To have to take medication to gain weight? Sh$$ Dr. K would have to literally chase me down to ATTEMPT to lengthen my limbs. As it is now he has mentioned lengthening my CC And I'm like NEVER!! He has said if I get sick again that's his plan. I'm like you'll have to find me first. Lol but very serious

I know this is a very real problem for you and I know you will win and it will be OK. But every time I think about you I always think damn...he got the DS I wanted!
The diet part is great, the feeling like shit all the time part, not so great.

Scott is a Hobbit, as evidenced by his 1st and second breakfast routine. If you've watched any "Lord of the Rings" movies you know of which I speak. I'm guessing he also has furry feet....
:thmybunny:

Scott's not the only hobbit...many DS'ers are. I know I have first and second breakfast. And multiple other meals.
Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Latest posts

Back