Dementia

I'm sorry, it does suck. Hoping there's improvement with the Namenda.
Me, too.

There’s another new drug, Leqembi, recently FDA approved. That means Medicare will cover it and the VA may be able to dispense it.
His Taltz costs $6586/mo and the Leqembi‘s cost is about $2k/mo…PLUS all the testing that’s required. He can self-inject the Taltz, but the Leqembi is a one-hour infusion, every other week. So that ought to keep everyone busy.

ETA… of course WE don’t PAY $8500/mo for these drugs. But it offends me that there are some who will have to in order to survive.

Last edited:
this thread seems like a good place to put a link I found as I'm doing my continuing education classes.

for those of you who are caregivers (or will be, at some point) consider getting help or respite before you are desperate for it.

https://eldercare.acl.gov/Public/Resources/Topic/Caregiver.aspx

At OUR Home for the Perpetually Bewildered, respite care can, they say, be for ANY length of time, it’s $225/day “all inclusive,” whatever that means.

I don't know what it means either, I guess you'd have to ask.

getting respite care through your facility is ONE option, certainly.

I don't know what it means either, I guess you'd have to ask.

getting respite care through your facility is ONE option, certainly.

Not for me. I’d just go hang out with MiniSue and staff here could start acting crazy in my place…like yelling all day because he can’t hear well, even though he may not remember any of it. Then THEY can NEED a drink.

Latest posts

Back