Day 6 post op...still feel like crap

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement. It makes me feel a lot better. I was thinking something was wrong with me, but 2 more days have passed, and I do feel better. I must have been too drugged up to remember, but hubby said the doctor repaired a hernia, so I got a small hematoma between my ribs and skin. So that swollen ball that feels like a porcupine inside must be it. I can't take deep breaths yet...guess with time. I am still on clears as I can't seem to get anything else thicker in because the pressure pushes on the porcupine. I added protien powder to chicken broth so I am getting 60gms a day still.
Everyday I feel better than yesterday, so I look forward to how I will be feeling tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement. It makes me feel a lot better. I was thinking something was wrong with me, but 2 more days have passed, and I do feel better. I must have been too drugged up to remember, but hubby said the doctor repaired a hernia, so I got a small hematoma between my ribs and skin. So that swollen ball that feels like a porcupine inside must be it. I can't take deep breaths yet...guess with time. I am still on clears as I can't seem to get anything else thicker in because the pressure pushes on the porcupine. I added protien powder to chicken broth so I am getting 60gms a day still.
Everyday I feel better than yesterday, so I look forward to how I will be feeling tomorrow.
Not to totally hijack your thread, yet mentioning the hernia reminded me of my husband's surgery. He had a prostate so huge that they had to do an open procedure and also fixed a hernia. This was a week before we were scheduled to travel to Chicago from Nashville. He said it would be no problem and we'd have great trip. I just smiled and said, "Yes, dear." I guess we all think we're tougher on t he pre-op side of a surgery.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm three weeks out today. At a week out, I was absolutely miserable, laying in bed, crying and wondering what the hell I had done to myself. I did really well in the hospital, out in about 36 hours, but when I got home, and all the gas and the poop, and the stabbing pain every time I took a drink was really rough. I lost 22 lb by my first check up with my surgeon, 12 days after surgery. I can eat pretty much anything I want( they gave me a very short list of things to avoid for three months), and I was cleared last week for all activities. I'm already back at Pilates. But, it's still hard. My stomach still hurts if I eat even one bite more than my stomach is ready for. I still just randomly get super tired in the middle of the day and have to go take a nap in my office. So, it's a work in progress.

I am glad you are starting to feel better. For how early out you are, 60 grams of protein is great!

Hang in there............it gets better and before long you will be up and about looking and feeling great, it will all be worth it soon

If nausea is an issue, get a script for a different PPI, and some anti-nausea meds. Once my nausea was under control, everything else was dealable-with.

Latest posts

Back