Day 6 post op...still feel like crap

cris

i guess we always go into these things thinking wee are strong...then we realize how weak we really are. I had 3 cesarean sections. I was skipping and laughing down the halls at discharge. I thought I would be fine with this one. After a 4 day stay at the hospital, I was begging for just another day at the hospital. still can't swallow without an immediate pain shooting across my ribs. Have second guessed my choice a million times. Doctor said everything looks fine.

I am sorry you still feel so bad. It sounds pretty normal to me. I know most of us felt pretty damn awful for about 3 weeks. I hope you start feeling better soon.

At 7 days out I was still looking for the truck that had run over me. At 12 days out, I flew a 19 hour trip (with layovers) home to the states feeling pretty good. Not 100% but ok. Hang in there, it gets better.

On day 20 I went back to work, part time for the fiart week - I was exhausted! Week 5 I went on a cross country business trip. I did ok. Week 8 I flew from the Bay Area to Paris for a week. By then, the weight loss and recovery combined to make me feel like Superwoman!

The truck that ran over you is called the DS Welcome Wagon and it's a damned fully loaded 18 wheeler that ran over you, backed up, and hit you again!

It takes time to recover...focus on hydration, rest, and walking around your house.

What Southern Lady said. It was a couple of months for me as well. Now at 7 years out I can't remember how long I felt bad, just that I did and it was a while. Rest and stay hydrated with teeny tiny sips often.

What Southern Lady said. It was a couple of months for me as well. Now at 7 years out I can't remember how long I felt bad, just that I did and it was a while. Rest and stay hydrated with teeny tiny sips often.
LOL, I DO remember that at 3 months out, I was remodeling my kitchen...peeling wallpaper, fixing drywall, tiling a backsplash, painting, tiling an adjacent bathroom floor, painting it, replacing a toilet...and for those two weeks, I was dropping a lb a day...and I only lost 10 lbs THAT month. I had more energy than I knew what to do with.

Sounds pretty normal to me! I had very little pain post-op but was stunned at the exhaustion I experienced. Give yourself the gift of time, knowing that it WILL get better. Just focus on sipping liquids throughout the day and walk short distances as often as you can. Once you begin to experience the benefits of your DS, you will not have any regrets.

sorry you feel so bad - day six isn't very far so I guess this isn't surprising. it's going to get better!

Congratulations on a successful procedure and on embarking on your new future. I felt like I was hit by a truck for a while, not going to lie. But every day I felt a little bit better. In one month's time, the pain will have faded and you will feel like a different person. Hang in there! P.S. Make sure you are well-hydrated. That's something that can really influence how you feel overall.

Make sure you are getting hydrated. That alone will make you feel like crap and can land you back in the ER. Sip Sip Sip :) Hope you feel better soon!

Not much I can add as you've gotten great advice from all the previous posters. You sound just like me at one week out. This surgery definitely knocked me on my ass. I'm a little over 4 weeks out now and I'm definitely making progress. It's been slow but it's progress. I still battle exhaustion/ lack of energy but otherwise am starting to feel better overall. I almost had to sit down at Target today after 30 minutes. Ugh!

Hang in there! It will get better!

Congratulations on a successful surgery. Every day will get a little better. One of the hardest part for me has been getting in all that liquid, but even that's getting easier every day too. My best wishes for you!

Latest posts

Back