Dad is sleeved, but...

Hope he is doing better today and that he was just making a polite excuse to get off the phone so he could hydrate and rest.

Woops, clarification- dinner was broth, juice, jello and tea, it was more concerning to me that he was trying to force himself to eat (drink) it even though he was in pain. He doesn't understand the sipping and pacing thing and that concerns me. Other than that, he's hoping to get released this morning. He's been in ICU since they haven't had a bed in the step down unit and I guess you can't get up and walk around freely when you're in ICU so that's been the issue holding him up, well that and low hemoglobin, but they're satisfied with where it was at last night. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like he is doing better. And I promise, he will learn quickly not to overdo the liquids at first. It might be the hard way but he will.

Sounds like Dad is doing a lot better physically but needs more post-op education drummed into him. I hope you and Mom can do this with patience and a lot of repetition, in the nicest possible way. I think his sleeve will also do some of the educating, because after 1-2 episodes of one bite too much, he'll realize that there is a signal to stop and he ignores that signal at his own risk.

Sounds like Dad is doing a lot better physically but needs more post-op education drummed into him. I hope you and Mom can do this with patience and a lot of repetition, in the nicest possible way. I think his sleeve will also do some of the educating, because after 1-2 episodes of one bite too much, he'll realize that there is a signal to stop and he ignores that signal at his own risk.
I have to remember to do it calmly and let mom rip into him if needed, she's the only one in the world that can put him in his place ;)

Latest posts

Back