Dad is sleeved, but...

Glad you father is doing better. With my surgery my urine output (even with a catheter) was very low. I was third-spacing and they tried increasing my IV fluids but my body just blew up like a balloon. Took a dose of lasix to get things moving again.
It was actually your explanation of third-spacing not too long ago that made me think of that!

Update for the day: he's doing well, blood count better, leak test passed and fully potty trained ;) BUT when I spoke to him at about 6, he rushed me off the phone because he was "trying to get through his dinner" and his stomach was "killing him". I tried not to jump through the phone to strangle him in my attempts to explain that there was no need for him to try to "get through" anything food wise, when his stomach was just cut in half, and that he should be taking sips of everything. And he said "but I haven't eaten in 72 hours!" I tried to keep my cool, knowing he doesn't want a lecture from his "kid" and then promptly called my mother to tattle on him so she could lay into him about it. I just don't know how much is him being uber stubborn and how much is a real lack of education from his surgeon (lord knows he didn't wanna hear any advice from his daughters!). Sigh. :confused:

DINNER?? Hours after surgery? He should be eating soup, maybe some thin hot cereal - what is this "dinner" he thinks he should be eating??

oh-oh, that doesn't sound good. I know there are surgeons who have people eating right away but...I just can't imagine.
hope he is talking broth!

Latest posts

Back