CBOONE is out of hospital

Two weeks about now since DS revision with Dr. k. and I am down 22lbs. I am amazed. I am also weak and unable to eat by mouth but I keep trying. I am still putting everything in the feeding tube. I get so tired trying to type. I will say and post more when I am stronger.

it's nice to hear from you but I'm sorry you are so tired. are you at home?

ETA: what I meant was, are you alone? do you have any help?

Last edited:
I will have the feeding tube for ideally 6 wks. but it depends n how well you can maintain your nutritional status? I was alone with no help but ended up in ER dehydrated so not alone anymore.

I will have the feeding tube for ideally 6 wks. but it depends n how well you can maintain your nutritional status? I was alone with no help but ended up in ER dehydrated so not alone anymore.
Glad you are not alone...but sorry it took a trip to the ER

Dr. K is amazing like that. I hope your improving and I had the same problem and depended on the feeding tube also. Everyone heals differently. Take advantage of the feeding tube. It can be a life saver.

Here is something that is easy and loaded with protein. Take two chicken thighs and cook them is in small pot with chicken broth to cover. Salt and pepper to taste and simmer slow until chicken is falling of the bone. Take chicken with skin and all and put in a food processor until a smooth mixture. Then put it back in the broth. Make sure to remove bone and joint knuckle. This is pure goodness to your small tummy and I still eat it made this way! Bye on my way to make me some. YUMMMMMMMMM!

PS. Dark meat of the chicken is much moister and doesn't try out like white meat. The chicken skin adds the fat you need and makes it slide down easier.
I have done this with a whole chicken and use the white meat for chicken salad which I hate but my family love.

Dr. K is amazing like that. I hope your improving and I had the same problem and depended on the feeding tube also. Everyone heals differently. Take advantage of the feeding tube. It can be a life saver.

Here is something that is easy and loaded with protein. Take two chicken thighs and cook them is in small pot with chicken broth to cover. Salt and pepper to taste and simmer slow until chicken is falling of the bone. Take chicken with skin and all and put in a food processor until a smooth mixture. Then put it back in the broth. Make sure to remove bone and joint knuckle. This is pure goodness to your small tummy and I still eat it made this way! Bye on my way to make me some. YUMMMMMMMMM!

PS. Dark meat of the chicken is much moister and doesn't try out like white meat. The chicken skin adds the fat you need and makes it slide down easier.
I have done this with a whole chicken and use the white meat for chicken salad which I hate but my family love.

Thanks Barb, I will go get some chicken thighs and try it. I am having a hard time getting anything to stay down. I have been vomiting everything I put in by mouth for three days and I am only biting things.

Glad you are home, though sorry about the ER trip! Please, please stay hydrated. Sip, sip, sip, and if food is making you vomit, stick to clear liquids. Wishing you all the best!

Latest posts

Back