We lost a DSer yesterday. Sabrina Richison Procell

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
She was warned not to go to the Roller Bariatric Clinic because they were telling her they did a DS but were actually doing a SADI. BTW, they are now actually doing a 2 anastomoses DS but with a 300 common channel only because the insurance industry caught up with them.

Anyway, her actual surgeon was Dr. Kwon. He butchered her and then the Roller Clinic dropped her refusing follow up care. She did end up seeing Dr. K but he found quite a bit of strange issues that did not jive with her operative report and he could not revise her.

As a result she’s been in and out if the hospital multiple times, on TPN, but her issues never got the attention of the medical community in Arkansas. She was unable to sue for malpractice.

Apparently she was back in the hospital this weekend and past away last night.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I remember all her FB posts and those of her husband. He was so very dedicated to helping her. If I remember correctly (big if) she was pretty much resigned to the fact she wasn’t going to survive, but wanted to fight to get as much time as she could. My sincere condolences to her husband and other family and friends.
I hope that by her sharing and being vocal on FB, other potential victims were saved.
Susan

I'm so sorry! My condolences to her husband, family, and friends both on and off the internet. There are a lot of shady things that go on in the world of bariatric surgery because so many people are so desperate for any help they can get. Her story is very sad. Please, if any of you out there are pre-op and people are warning you about different practices or procedures, heed those warnings.

I'm saddened to learn of this. Heartbreaking. I hope that doctor is held accountable.

Latest posts

Back