Calcium Malabsorption->>Kidney Stones->>Procedures

So maybe my habit of adding lemon juice to my iced tea is good for me?

Jarrow has one variety of Bone Up that is the 3 serving size and gets 1000 mgs of calcium:

71XAvu9wJiL._SX522_.jpg

I use it for the calcium, MK-7, and Boron. The other stuff is just a "bonus". Kinda like my multi.

I use Citracal as well.

But...if we take no more than 500 mg of calcium at a time, each three-capsule "serving" would have to be broken into at least two separate administrations? So 3000 mg of calcium would require 9 capsules, or 18 different "servings" per day?

I probably need the boron..none in my multi. But I take Superior Source Vitamin K.

http://superiorsourcevitamins.com/triple-k-500-mcg-k1-500-mcg-k2-mk4-50-mcg-k2-mk7-vit-d3-2000-iu/

Last edited:
And let's DO make this more complicated:

Proton Pump Inhibitors, which many people use post-op, at least for a while, also screw up the pH balance, leading to things like kidney disease and c diff...

There's a lot of "staying on top of things" we are responsible for.

I have such a love hate relationship with ppi's. They are needed for gerd but they affect absorption of nutrients/vitamins and seem to negatively impact numerous areas.

I have such a love hate relationship with ppi's. They are needed for gerd but they affect absorption of nutrients/vitamins and seem to negatively impact numerous areas.

Some light reading for you...http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/809193 Seems like they make you comfortable while they kill you.

Abstract and Introduction
Abstract
This review summarizes the literature regarding long-term adverse effects of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). A PubMed search (1966 to February 2013) for English language studies was conducted using key terms PPI: omeprazole, esomeprazole, pantoprazole, lansoprazole, dexlansoprazole, rabeprazole, pneumonia, Clostridium difficile, osteoporosis, risk of fractures, thrombocytopenia, rhabdomyolysis, anemia, iron deficiency, hypomagnesemia, vitamin B12 and nephritis. The risk of pneumonia was increased 27–39% in short-term use of PPIs in three meta-analyses. C. difficile infections were also associated with the use of PPIs (odds ratio: 2.15; 95% CI: 1.81–2.55; p < 0.00001). This effect appears to be dose related. The US FDA has recently issued a warning regarding fractures and the impaired magnesium absorption associated with the use of PPI. Thrombocytopenia, iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, rhabdomyolysis and acute interstitial nephritis have also been reported with the use of PPIs. There is mounting evidence that PPIs are associated with serious adverse effects. Practitioners should be vigilant and counsel patients accordingly.

I honestly feel like I am screwed because I do have serious gerd but I know these ppi's are not good for us......so I just don't know what to do

Lol, I ALMOST didn't go look at these, because I thought they were going to refute my understanding (these are actually the same ones I've already read) and I'm now practically like a crack addict with diet mtn dew. I don't like the aspartame in most of these, but like this thread makes clear, this kidney stone thing gets complicated, especially in DSer's, and I'm not anxious to change much more.

Latest posts

Back