Bad acne on my chin. B12 related?

VDLT

VSG October 2015
I have developed bad acne on my chin. A bit of poking around online leads me to think it might be my b12 supplement. Anyone know if it might be the type and if switching it up might resolve it? Thanks!

A and Zinc are also culprits in this.
And remember, while in the first few months after surgery, you are dumping a boatload of hormones into your system since hormones are stored in the fat and you are losing it.

What are your labs like first before adjusting vitamins?

I am having my first labs between weeks 6 and 8 per my surgeon. I will then go see him to discuss (I am 4 hours away). I have been taking what he recommended which is a multi and a sublingual b12. We might adjust depending on labs. He only stresses vitamins for the first few months (I am VSG). I will check the A and the Zinc in my multi as well. Thank you both.
@southernlady I didn't even think about the hormone dump. Could totally be that. I have always had acne (I am 42) but this seems differen

Ask your surgeon to check your iron, D, PTH, and CA. There's a 90% chance that will change his opinion on supplements. And there's an excellent chance you don't need a sublingual B-12 too. Unless you were low preop.

Thanks @Munchkin I will have my PCP add those if not on my script from my surgeon. I don't know much at all about supplements. Do you think I won't need the multi as a VSGer? Or do you mean he will think I will need them longer?

Thanks @Munchkin I will have my PCP add those if not on my script from my surgeon. I don't know much at all about supplements. Do you think I won't need the multi as a VSGer? Or do you mean he will think I will need them longer?
Honestly I think everyone needs a multi every day. Plus D, and Ca because you are female.

Now I will try to be more VSG specific. Someone with a sleeve needs vites MORE than a normie. Why? Because there is no way you eat enough to get what you need from food. Not possible! Yes, I know you don't have malabsorbtion but you have to limit your intake a lot. Most successful sleevers live on 800 to 1000 calories a day. Anyone who lives on a borderline starvation diet needs supplements.

@VDLT Start with this list, then adjust as needed based on YOUR reading of your labs once post op labs start coming in.

Almost every doctor out there, esp if a PCP, does not understand the levels you MIGHT need to take of some vitamins but as long as your levels stay mid to high normal (except for B6 and PTH) the amount you take is a NON-issue!

Latest posts

Back