Anyone heard from Kirmy?

angelohio

it's been awhile since I've seen a post from Kirmy...anyone heard from her? Sorry if I missed a post.

I was wondering about her too. Could those on FB please send our regards and let her know she is cared about and missed? :)

it's been awhile since I've seen a post from Kirmy...anyone heard from her? Sorry if I missed a post.
Hello!

Well.....it's been a journey. I have only one chemo to go. The last treatment came close to killing me after I had an anphalactic reaction. The after effects were shite too...so I've been living the zombie quiet life. So so far here is an impressive list of the side effects from my scorned Earth treatment:
Hair loss
Lost my eyelashes and laterally my tears so I have dry eye
Hands and feet are peeling
Fingernails are flaking off
Lost my oral and gut mucosa so have systemic thrush from mouth to anus
Uncontrollable diahorrea when I'm sleeping...its a fucking thing!
Dry skin
Chemically induced and sudden menopause...like full fucking on Oh my God...so full on
Insomnia
Aphasia
Dizziness
Ringing in my left ear
Balance issues intermittently
Loss of short and long term memory
Fibrosis of the veins in my left arm
Muscle loss
Calcium loss
Servere depletion of my white cells
Liver and kidney damage ( recovering)
Muscle loss

On a plus side I have no pubic hair so I don't have to sort the bikini line. That's it..that's all I've got...oh and not dying of cancer.

So I'm muddling on with my dementia, menopause and General systemic fuckery waiting for the sun to come out from behind the poisionus cloud of chemo. The tumour formally known as Warwick is undetectable when I go fishing for him. So I'm guessing I'm in the clear there. Now if I can just not relapse and peg out or develop secondary leukaemia from the chemo then I'm good.

Surgery is within the next month and a half and the radiation therapy for a month. After that I'm going on holiday and taking up dangerous hobbies.

So yeh I'm here still.....and I'm winning even if the vantage point is skewed by the horribleness of it all.

Meh.

Kirmy, Glad to hear from you and that you are winning. Sorry you are going through such a horrendous trial.

I'm with you on getting on to the dangerous hobbies and holidays, hopefully first thing this summer. Not sure if being spared lady fur counts as an upside - this thing sounds like the equivalent of a constant full body Brazilian wax.

Hang in there. You are missed and cared about.

Kirmy, glad to hear you are up and running, albeit slowly. Hubs had a bone marrow transplant for leukemia with 5 rounds of chemo and radiation to boot. Not for the weak hearted, but certainly worth the outcome. YOu are missed here! keep in touch, we are here for you!

Always good to hear from you! It sounds like chemo itself is a dangerous hobby and maybe next time you should find something safer, like tight rope walking or scaling cliffs or being shot out of a cannon.
You will get through this, you hairless wonder, and come out stronger on the other side.

No matter how body dysmorphic a formerly fat person in particular can be (not saying you are!), I hope you really and truly understand that - bizarre as it may seem - you are utterly gorgeous as a chemo patient. Perfect head, brilliantly planned eyebrow tattoos, creamy pale skin, slender but not (at least in that dress) emaciated, and impeccably dressed - you are a chemo cover girl.

Baldy McBaldface
So were you going to a formal dinner dance after chemo? :D

You really are a beautiful lady and a very tough and witty soul. Chemo sucks but you are winning and hair comes back. Hopefully the chemo brain lifts as well, after you know ck the bastard to the curb.

Well yesterday was interesting. I had a full anaphalyxsis and almost lost my airway. The final three pulses of chemo are made up of a drug called Doxitaxol which has yew tree needles in it....yup! So the first pile was ok...but weird..made me really ill. The next pulse I got a mallor flush, swollen lips, heart palpitations andear ringing. They slowed the infusion and gave me yet more antihistamine and steroid cover. It went ok but slowly. The last treatment almost killed me after 14mls were infused. No messing straight to pulmonary oedema and crushing my trachea. Holy fucking hell...that was awful.

So now my last treatment is in Thursday after my plastics consult. I'm getting a left mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction at this juncture. So much to focus on and so much plodding into the unknown. I hate that there is so much pain and discomfort ahead. I hate that at some point I'll have a melt down like Chernoble and I hate that I don't know when it's coming.

So meh! Fuck Cancer the big ugly twat.

Well, I hope nothing in your culinary repertoire involves yew needles, and that this particular allergy will not matter to you ever again.

Are they going to match your remaining tit, or are they going to give you a lifted one, and then match up the other, so you get two new boobs? (Inquiring minds wanting to make silk purses out of sow's ears here, with no literal reference to your actual tits intended.)

Latest posts

Back