Another crazy day for me yesterday

This is so frustrating for you and I am sure it makes it hard to stay positive. You are so strong and I know you will continue to push forward to find the answers and treatment you need, Scott. Sending you healing energy!!!

This is so frustrating for you and I am sure it makes it hard to stay positive. You are so strong and I know you will continue to push forward to find the answers and treatment you need, Scott. Sending you healing energy!!!
Thank you Pam. I am trying.

My first reaction was: The resident? As in having been a doctor a whole month? (Yes, I know it's been longer than a month, yet my experience in teaching hospitals makes me leery of residents and interns. It's a unproved *truth* that one never goes to the hospital in July when the newbie docs arrive.) While I do not doubt your pain is real and getting your records is a pain in the ass, Dr. K will get you straightened out. Unless of course you're really an alien from another universe. Then you're screwed.

(I only tease those I love, even my cyber friends. Keep us posted and I'll swing a chicken or two.)

The Resident was working under the care of an attending and was definitely not first year. That I could tell. She was actually very on the ball and the decision not to admit waa between the attending and consulting surgeon. She just got to be patient facing. I was tired and kind of out of it or would have pushed her to admit me and have a cardio and endo consult/testing. My gut felt better by that time and I didn't want more surgery anyway so I was okay with that part of it but hypothyroid and possible cardio symptoms has to stop.

No, I don't know what it means, sorry. Hopefully Dr. K will know, or will have a different term for it, whatever it is.
@Larra So I spoke with nurse from the consulting surgeons office. He is the guy who did my double inguinal repair. What the CT report said was

"the scan shows fecalization of the intraluminal contents, primarily within the common limb suggestive of slow movement and possible chronic functional obstruction"

I had fecalization of the small bowel show up on a ct back at the first of the year so then not on next ct when I has my hernia consult. When I Google it something called a bezoar shows up.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756184/

If I do have one of these it would explain my terrible absorption as if my cc has stuff blocking it partially then obviously it isn't going to absorb as it should. Now I don't like what I see as remedy if I do have one as it says surgery where they milk it into the colon if they can break it up or resect that portion of the ileum.

I thought you might find this of interest.

In any case the disc of the ct was sent out today so hopefully he gets it this week so he can see what it says. I am not seeing the surgeon here aa his nurse said he will just say I need to my DS surgeon as he is not a bariatric guy. That is fine because obviously Dr K is the expert when it comes to the DS and IF I HAS TO HAVE MY CC OPERATED ON, I want nobody other than Ara doing it. That being said hopefully we can figure out why I would be forming one of these things because the research says if the underlying cause isn't treated that it will come back.

So another new wrinkle in the saga of super weird Scott the medical mess.

@Larra

Stop the attention whoring already!!! (just kidding)

The CT report made interesting reading and does seem to offer a new wrinkle in your clinical presentation for sure. I will be really intrigued to see what Dr. K has to say about all of this.

Hope you are feeling better than last week/weekend Scott!

@Larra So I spoke with nurse from the consulting surgeons office. He is the guy who did my double inguinal repair. What the CT report said was

"the scan shows fecalization of the intraluminal contents, primarily within the common limb suggestive of slow movement and possible chronic functional obstruction"

I had fecalization of the small bowel show up on a ct back at the first of the year so then not on next ct when I has my hernia consult. When I Google it something called a bezoar shows up.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756184/

If I do have one of these it would explain my terrible absorption as if my cc has stuff blocking it partially then obviously it isn't going to absorb as it should. Now I don't like what I see as remedy if I do have one as it says surgery where they milk it into the colon if they can break it up or resect that portion of the ileum.

I thought you might find this of interest.

In any case the disc of the ct was sent out today so hopefully he gets it this week so he can see what it says. I am not seeing the surgeon here aa his nurse said he will just say I need to my DS surgeon as he is not a bariatric guy. That is fine because obviously Dr K is the expert when it comes to the DS and IF I HAS TO HAVE MY CC OPERATED ON, I want nobody other than Ara doing it. That being said hopefully we can figure out why I would be forming one of these things because the research says if the underlying cause isn't treated that it will come back.

Please don't have a pair of gloves there...too. Gloves? WTF!?!?

I don't know that fecalization is the same as a bezoar. Let's not jump to conclusions.

"If I do have one of these it would explain my terrible absorption as if my cc has stuff blocking it partially then obviously it isn't going to absorb as it should."

Not sure I understand this conclusion - if food is spending too much time in the cc than normal, it would also suggest that you are getting MORE absorption than normal. If anything is moving through, all of the stuff is moving through, no? Or are you suggesting that the villi are being blocked from absorption of new food, because it is "coated" with old crap that isn't moving?

"If I do have one of these it would explain my terrible absorption as if my cc has stuff blocking it partially then obviously it isn't going to absorb as it should."

Not sure I understand this conclusion - if food is spending too much time in the cc than normal, it would also suggest that you are getting MORE absorption than normal. If anything is moving through, all of the stuff is moving through, no? Or are you suggesting that the villi are being blocked from absorption of new food, because it is "coated" with old crap that isn't moving?
Yes, the latter. The fecal material coating the villi is what I was thinking and the nutrients were kept out because of it. In mind I am thinking that the crap along most of my CC is that bottom of "tube" if you cross sectioned it and the normal content is riding on top of that and only that top cross section of the CC tube could absorb. Since things are flowing it can't be blocked all the way.

We shall when Dr K gets the disc and reviews it.

BTW, my PCP finally decided to write script for a hypothryoid med today so I will start on Levothyroxine tomorrow morning.

BTW, my PCP finally decided to write script for a hypothryoid med today so I will start on Levothyroxine tomorrow morning.
Make sure you take it away from all other meds and some water. I take mine during a middle of the night potty run and chew mine on the way down to the bathroom (bedroom on 2nd floor, only functioning bathrooms are on the first floor or in the basement), then get a drink of water.

Make sure you take it away from all other meds and some water. I take mine during a middle of the night potty run and chew mine on the way down to the bathroom (bedroom on 2nd floor, only functioning bathrooms are on the first floor or in the basement), then get a drink of water.
You chew it?

It says take 30 minutes before eating and 4 hours from calcium. I figure I will take when i get up, but early morning like you is probably a good idea.

You chew it?

It says take 30 minutes before eating and 4 hours from calcium. I figure I will take when i get up, but early morning like you is probably a good idea.
Yeap, I chew it...some suppliers of the generics have a slight sweet flavor, others taste like chewing chalk. It all depends on which one my pharmacy has on hand that month. This time, it's the slightly sweet...kinda like chewing a tic tac. And my levels have stayed very steady.

I started taking mine in the middle of the night after I had my DS since I HATE waiting to eat and forgot if my calcium had to wait that long. Since I usually end up taking it between 1-4 AM, I am fine by the time I wake up.

Latest posts

Back