Another crazy day for me yesterday

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
So yesterday was a long an exhausting day because yesterday morning about 10 AM I started having really bad abdominal pain and it didn't get better so about noon I went to the ER. The main was just above my umbilicus and exactly where it was and the same exact pain as when I had the internal hernia partial blockage in 2014. It took 2 hours to get into a room and it was almost 6pm before the ct was finally done. The resident about flipped out earlier when I told her I had been passing out two to three times a day. She asked me why and come to the ER I told her I'd see my PCP and had some testing plus I know it be wrong if I wasn't dying it would just send me home anyway. She was also very concerned because I was bradycardic (53-55) and BP was low (90/52). So fast forward to the CT result. It didn't show any acute blockage but she said the surgeon looked at it didn't want to operate but he said it showed a chronic functional anatomy or blockage. .....so he wanted to see me early next week but sent me home.

I really don't know what is meant by the chronic thing so I need to get a disc if ct imaging and send to Dr k so he can look at it. I am also frustrated that the resident was so worried about my passing out and low hr/bp but didn't keep me to do more testing. Just as I had told her, not dying so they send me home.

I am sore today but not like yesterday morning. I really, really don't want another surgery so i was okay with not being opened up (even though none of my hernias have ever shown on a ct lbut I want my guts straightened out and I want this passing out to go away as well.. ..so just another crazy day in my life.

My labs were decent other than my normal low h &h, rbc, total protein and albumin. Well my lactic acid was low out of range I don't think that is bad. I just want somebody to figure out what the hell is causing my issues so I can get the hell on with life.

Scott, I wish I had some words of wisdom. At this point things are so complicated that it will take a real expert like Dr. K to sort it out. I hope he'll have some answers for you.

Yeah I don't get it either, Larra.

Have you heard of chronic functional obstruction before and have any idea what the heck that might mean? It doesn't make any sense to me.

No, I don't know what it means, sorry. Hopefully Dr. K will know, or will have a different term for it, whatever it is.

Thanks. It was one I hadn't heard either and Dr K wants to see imaging so I will get the ds and have overnighted to him. It ticks me off that hospitals can't send these electronically now days, so I will have to go the damn records department and fill out a signed request and then send it myself once I have disc in hand. I have tried Dropbox before but files get messed up in transmission it seems when I have sent in the past.

So sorry for this scott. I'm with Larra in the hope that Dr K can help figure it out. Hope you are feeling better today and can rest.

Thanks. The really bad abdominal pain hasn't returned. Just mild pain and very tired/weak. I can definitely tell that my H&H as well as rbc dropped a little because I have been freezing the last two days. Amazing how going from 11 and 33% to10 and 30% changes my cold sensitivity. I am always mildly anemic and if I was more severe I can't imagine how cold I would be.

Were you a serial killer in a previous life? You have had such an unbelievably bad string of events and I can find no other explanation. But enough's enough. You deserve some answers. Here's hoping you find them and move on with enjoying life.

Were you a serial killer in a previous life? You have had such an unbelievably bad string of events and I can find no other explanation. But enough's enough. You deserve some answers. Here's hoping you find them and move on with enjoying life.
Apparently I must have been a real dick in a past life because you just can't make up some the shit my family has been through since 2002....and my health the last 3 years.

Thanks mark. I am hoping to get this figured out as well. Dr k has some ideas but with him not being able to "lay hands on me" it is tough for him to do too much from cali. I am going to talk to my pcp tomorrow with Dr K's suggestions and see what he can get going for me. Time for them to stop dicking around and at a minimum deal with my smptoms and we will figure out root cause as we go. I know I am not an easy case but as Dr K said I may not be clinically documented as having hypothyroidism but my symproms sure sound like I am exhibiting signs. So I am going to ask pcp to get the endo referral now to run tests and maybe in mean time start some thyroid meds. Also probably need to see a cardio to check me out and possibly a Holter monitor to track me for 24 hours. Several people have suggested that based on my symptoms and being bradycardic with low bp and the syncope. This could be one thing or combo of a few, even possibly dysautonomia. In any case I need some docs in my area to step and freaking treat me. Very frustrated at the moment as you can imagine.

Latest posts

Back