Another bathroom post....I know

Charris

Now an angel
I am TIRED of going number 2. For months I have went a minimum of 6 times a day but now even more, a minimum of 8 times. It is so bad I have external hemmroids now that have not shrunk or went away in months. As soon as I put something in my mouth I have to go within 30 minutes at most but usually sooner. My stomach hurts all the time. It almost reminds me of when I had h pylori. But believe it or not this is worse. I realized I cant handle artificial sweetners so haven't used them in months. Any ideas or thoughts? What are symptoms for C diff? :confused: (n)

I am TIRED of going number 2. For months I have went a minimum of 6 times a day but now even more, a minimum of 8 times. It is so bad I have external hemmroids now that have not shrunk or went away in months. As soon as I put something in my mouth I have to go within 30 minutes at most but usually sooner. My stomach hurts all the time. It almost reminds me of when I had h pylori. But believe it or not this is worse. I realized I cant handle artificial sweetners so haven't used them in months. Any ideas or thoughts? What are symptoms for C diff? :confused: (n)

You might ask your doctor for a stool test, to rule out c diff AND any other cause. There is no reason to suffer like this. FWIW, eight BMs a day would have been a piece of cake...my c diff was always 15 BMs or more every day.

Meanwhile, symptoms, but remember, these could also be symptoms for something else. I am told...because I have a condition called anosmia which means I literally can't smell shit...that c diff smells so bad nurses walking down the hall can diagnose the disease without any tests. This is not, I am told, like any other poop smell you have lived with. It is VERY VERY bad.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/c-difficile/basics/symptoms/con-20029664

Flagyl halted my piles from getting any worse and I'm down to pooping once or occasionally twice a day. Hope you feel better soon.

My bathroom post du jour:

Charles and I went to Monterey yesterday for a 24 hour visit - Charles bought us a Groupon for a whale watching trip, and it was about to expire. So I used some Marriott points (I always stay at a Marriott on my trips back east) to book us for a night at the Monterey Marriott (and they gave us a suite! it was lovely!), and we ate, drank and did some sightseeing yesterday - and because I ate a lot of protein during the day, I splurged on mushroom and cheese filled raviolis at a fancy Italian restaurant last night.

I woke up way too early (6 AM) in order to make sure I could go poop enough before heading out for the boat - we had to be there at 9:30 AM. Because I work from home, my guts are lazy (as well as my having IBS) and I usually have to go 2-3 times over 2-3 or sometimes 4 hours, I needed to get things MOVING. So, lots of coffee, and then by the time we checked out and got to breakfast, I was not terribly hungry. But I thought I had gone "enough."

The whales are found outside Monterey Bay. The boat ride out got rougher and rougher - but I was OK. Not everyone was - there were barfings going on. I was particularly worried about Charles - he suffers from vertigo, in particular in unstable places. But he did just fine. Then, we found some whales and dolphins, and the captain slowed down or even stopped to let people watch the whales - including mothers with their calves - blowing spouts, and frolicking and doing the classic tails up as they dove. But the boat rocked more and more when it was stopped or barely moving in the swells. And after a while, my stomach started feeling not-so-good - which - you know this is coming, don't you? - got my entire intestinal tract rumbling. I tried to ignore it, and tried to hold off and make it stop, but the more my stomach felt queasy, the more my colon joined in the fun.

Finally, there was no stopping it - and no turning back. Hoping there was nobody else in there, I headed for the head inside the cabin - no windows, and very very small. With a sign that said: "If you're seasick, please go outside." I sat down, the boat rocked and rolled, and I tried to get to the point where I could just get up and get outside in case the other end blew as well. I finally got "finished" and cleaned up and went back outside, but now a threshold was crossed, and I was now fighting actually barfing - while trying to NOT look at or hear others losing their breakfasts. Somehow, I managed to keep the stomach from losing it - but my guts decided I was not, in fact, done yet. And back I went.

I spent the rest of the trip trying to keep my guts under control - I managed to not barf, but I am still trying to get everything to settle down - chicken soup and dairy for the rest of the day.

But it was worth it - it was exhilerating being out on the boat and seeing those magnificent animals.

I'm glad you found it worth while - I would love to see whales but am afraid if others were getting seasick I would, too.

Apparently, my powers of ignoring were in overdrive - I mentioned to Charles that I had managed to NOT see or hear any of the 3 or so people who blew their breakfasts, and he laughed and said more than half of the ~35 people on the boat had barfed (he kept his own breakfast under control by standing at the stern, right in the middle). If I had seen even one, I would have joined them - I can't deal with other people's barf either. Even my own kids when they were little.

There was a bigger boat run by a different company. I think that might have been more stable.

WOW IT had to be worth it if after all that you had a great time

My bathroom post du jour:

Charles and I went to Monterey yesterday for a 24 hour visit - Charles bought us a Groupon for a whale watching trip, and it was about to expire. So I used some Marriott points (I always stay at a Marriott on my trips back east) to book us for a night at the Monterey Marriott (and they gave us a suite! it was lovely!), and we ate, drank and did some sightseeing yesterday - and because I ate a lot of protein during the day, I splurged on mushroom and cheese filled raviolis at a fancy Italian restaurant last night.

I woke up way too early (6 AM) in order to make sure I could go poop enough before heading out for the boat - we had to be there at 9:30 AM. Because I work from home, my guts are lazy (as well as my having IBS) and I usually have to go 2-3 times over 2-3 or sometimes 4 hours, I needed to get things MOVING. So, lots of coffee, and then by the time we checked out and got to breakfast, I was not terribly hungry. But I thought I had gone "enough."

The whales are found outside Monterey Bay. The boat ride out got rougher and rougher - but I was OK. Not everyone was - there were barfings going on. I was particularly worried about Charles - he suffers from vertigo, in particular in unstable places. But he did just fine. Then, we found some whales and dolphins, and the captain slowed down or even stopped to let people watch the whales - including mothers with their calves - blowing spouts, and frolicking and doing the classic tails up as they dove. But the boat rocked more and more when it was stopped or barely moving in the swells. And after a while, my stomach started feeling not-so-good - which - you know this is coming, don't you? - got my entire intestinal tract rumbling. I tried to ignore it, and tried to hold off and make it stop, but the more my stomach felt queasy, the more my colon joined in the fun.

Finally, there was no stopping it - and no turning back. Hoping there was nobody else in there, I headed for the head inside the cabin - no windows, and very very small. With a sign that said: "If you're seasick, please go outside." I sat down, the boat rocked and rolled, and I tried to get to the point where I could just get up and get outside in case the other end blew as well. I finally got "finished" and cleaned up and went back outside, but now a threshold was crossed, and I was now fighting actually barfing - while trying to NOT look at or hear others losing their breakfasts. Somehow, I managed to keep the stomach from losing it - but my guts decided I was not, in fact, done yet. And back I went.

I spent the rest of the trip trying to keep my guts under control - I managed to not barf, but I am still trying to get everything to settle down - chicken soup and dairy for the rest of the day.

But it was worth it - it was exhilerating being out on the boat and seeing those magnificent animals.

Myself son and daughter also loose it when others barf. Right after my surgery you should have seen us in the car. Id be like stop the car get out start projectile vomiting then my son would get out and with in 3 minutes we were all vomiting. It took like 3 months for them to be able to control their when I would start. I wonder what makes people do that?

Charris, this is my story but for 5 years. Have had to have a hemmoroadectmy. (Not fun) soooo out of desperation I have decided to change my eating and add lots of vitamins to my diet. So far I just 5 days I have eliminated 90% carbs 90% sugar. Added more protein and probiotics . It has allowed me to only potty 2-3 times I. One day which is wayyyy better than the 6-8 times a day. I have relief finally. Don't wait as long as I did! I also developed a fissure that is just as painful or more than the hemmoroids. That is being taken care of next week. Change your diet I promise it will help.
Nancy. Yiayiaof4

Charris, this is my story but for 5 years. Have had to have a hemmoroadectmy. (Not fun) soooo out of desperation I have decided to change my eating and add lots of vitamins to my diet. So far I just 5 days I have eliminated 90% carbs 90% sugar. Added more protein and probiotics . It has allowed me to only potty 2-3 times I. One day which is wayyyy better than the 6-8 times a day. I have relief finally. Don't wait as long as I did! I also developed a fissure that is just as painful or more than the hemmoroids. That is being taken care of next week. Change your diet I promise it will help.
Nancy. Yiayiaof4
Look how fast you found relief! That's great! Message boards like this with experienced people are a lifesaver :)

Latest posts

Back