Achievement unlocked: Surgery Date!

Zarabear

What a crazy ride it has been. I stayed mainly to my intro board for so long, but I figured I should venture out.
I am scheduled for my virgin DS on July 20th with Dr. Rabkin in SF. I am a nor cal Kaiser patient that was somehow granted a miracle and everything went remarkably well through this process.
I startef the South Sac Bariatric program with Kaiser in Nov last year. Ups and downs through the holidays and made it to their goal weight in Feb. Won authorization to see Dr. Rabkin for a consult and saw him in April. Was granted surgery authorization by kaiser earlier this month and set a date. :)
Now before surgery I have an amazing trip to Nuevo Vallarta to enjoy for my birthday and just two days of work when I get back to get through. I'll be in Mexico from thr 7th to the 14th (my bday is the 9th!) I will be 35 years old. This trip is special not only because of my birthday but because I'm going with three of my dearest friends. No hubby or kid. I was married pretty young and I've never done a trip without my family. Let alone to another country!

HW: 315
CW: 274
GW: ???

so excited to claim a spot on the losers bench. <3 this board has been so invaluable. Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart. I really feel that I was able to advocate for myself and stand my ground and be prepared to fight for the DS.

Wishing you a safe and successful surgery. I'm expecting great things for you.

Best wishes for an uncomplicated procedure and speedy recovery @Zarabear ! Please remember to stay hydrated once the IV's come out. :)

Thank you all!
I have officially found my place on the losers bench. And now I'm heading home. Hit all yhe targets that Dr. Rabkin wanted me too and doing great. Fluids, fluids, fluids. Sip, sip, sip. Walk. XD
I will be here reading and posting througout the rest of my journey. <3
Dr rabkin found a hernia a little larger than my fist that he repaired. He said it would likely need mesh and might make it easier to get a tummy tuck covered. :)

Latest posts

Back