2 weeks post op

ampt

WWBD? What would bacon do?
Hi all, I made to the dark side!

Very little issues at surgery, horrible nausea, like I always get with narcotics! Tried to get off morphine drip quickly to help that. For some reason my hemoglobin dropped to 8 after surgery, so I received two iron sucrose infusions before I was released. Since I've been home, I keep getting a sharp pain in my right side intermittently. Dr was not able to pinpoint the issue, but said to keep an eye on it. o_O

I have been great on fluids everyday (64 or more!), and starting regular "meals"... mostly eggs and tuna at this point. I tried one 4 oz protein shake, and it filled me up for HOURS, so I am shying away from them. I have tried a protein bar, pretty dense but just nibbling on it throughout the day. No issues there. Not a fan of the pooping. Feels like diarrhea every time, so I just sit and wait to be done. I am up and around each day, trying not to push it (I did that one day and it was awful!).

The hardest part for me is the sleeping. Comfort is an issue. Last night, I slept 3 hours on the couch, two hours in the Lazy Boy, and two hours in bed. I'm still napping to catch up, and feel rested. :sleep:

The second hardest part is not picking up my babies (7 and 2 yo). But we get our snuggles in, so that helps. Sometimes my 2 yo forgets I'm hurting so I show him the bruises and he tells me, "Shirt down." LOL :D He's been a sweetie, and my 7 yo is being the big helper she always is. DH has been very supportive. Letting me know the bad days will soon go away, and I will be able to expand my food base.

Anywho, had post op with Dr. Rabkin this morning. He is pleased with my progress (25 pounds!!!), and told me to continue to take it easy until the normalcy returns. :)

Welcome to the Dark Side! Glad to hear you are doing well on fluids and are starting on the meals! It will get better every day!

Sounds like you're doing well! I had tons of trouble sleeping for a while, mix of insomnia and not being able to get comfy. Melatonin helped a little, I've seen lots of people say they used Benadryl too. Keep up the good work!

Awesome update!! Keep pampering yourself and cuddling your babies. :)

Ugh, had 2-3 minutes of straight dry heaves this morning. Prob the worst pain yet. I think it's phlegm! Not sure where it's coming from, but I woke up feeling full this morning. Happen to anyone else?

Ugh, had 2-3 minutes of straight dry heaves this morning. Prob the worst pain yet. I think it's phlegm! Not sure where it's coming from, but I woke up feeling full this morning. Happen to anyone else?
I had dry heaves for 2-3 months, yet I think that was an exception. And I slept a lot. I know this happened and at the time, I thought I'd never feel human again. I was wrong. It just took me a while longer than others.

Struggling with liquids a bit in the mornings when I feel full, but better towards the end of the day. Food does not seem appealing in any way.

Just a thought- are you on a PPI or acid reducer? When my reflux was acting up I had nasty stomach pains and couldn't eat anything or drink much. The only thing I wanted to do was drink milk.

Latest posts

Back