15 year WLS veteran with an opinion to those considering WLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait - not only are you underweight and severely malnourished, your status update says "I'm a walking example of what not to do!!! I'm happy, happy, happy!!!" Is that supposed to be funny? Ironic? Again, why are you posting with advice when you clearly are in trouble?

You have also already posted that you haven't had a bariatric check up in 3 years, and that you didn't know that we DSers are supposed to be taking dry forms of fat soluble vitamins. Again, why are you posting advice, when you are clearly in NEED of advice, since your way is not working for you?

By the way, you seem to also have math issues. You say you had surgery November 2000 - that makes you 14, not 15 years out. And what was your revision for a year later?

I may have broken my own metabolism, so yeah, fat is my own fault. But really? I was wearing 'chubby' sizes when I was 9! I'm not going to play the blame game for that; I'm not going to feel guilt for that; and I'm not going to suffer the rest of my life, nor seek therapy, for that.

Wait - not only are you underweight and severely malnourished, your status update says "I'm a walking example of what not to do!!! I'm happy, happy, happy!!!" Is that supposed to be funny? Ironic? Again, why are you posting with advice when you clearly are in trouble?

You have also already posted that you haven't had a bariatric check up in 3 years, and that you didn't know that we DSers are supposed to be taking dry forms of fat soluble vitamins. Again, why are you posting advice, when you are clearly in NEED of advice, since your way is not working for you?

By the way, you seem to also have math issues. You say you had surgery November 2000 - that makes you 14, not 15 years out. And what was your revision for a year later?
Wait, I am only a couple of months behind with my surgery and it was made very clear to me by Dr. Rabkin and his staff that I would have to take the dry forms of the fat soluble vitamins.

I have to say that I don't hang around these forums because I am looking for answers. I got the answers I needed 4 years ago when I came back to the forums with certain issues. I am around to pay it forward and try to be helpful in return. And for general support.

Welcome to the forum. As ususal, no one could of spoke a reply any more factual than in Diana's reply. She saved me about two hours, THXS! Calories in Calories out! Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME LADY! I have NEVER cussed on this forum before and consider myself a gentleman MOST of the time, but really lady, are you that flippin clueless? Before you posted today I spent about two hours replying to another M2A posting regarding gaining weight while in a caloric defecit. It was a friggin book and I'm not even going to broach it again, but lady....I godamn live on 800-1000 calories a day and if I go over that, I GAIN WEIGHT.....35 years of doing this....Do you want to talk about the laws of Thermodynamics? Do you even know what a calorie is? You are entitled to your opinion, but how dare you come on this forum and start preaching to someone in her condition that has a medical problem.

Last edited:

I never claimed to be perfect, I'm sorry I've offended you so much. I know how I struggled and why. I just gave my opinion. My revision was to slow my weight loss. I lost 150 in 10 months. I struggled and then I saw others struggling with the same self sabotaging behavior,I was just trying to give some perspective to what I consider on of our dirty little secrets. I'm not sure why your being so hard on me. I really never meant any harm. I came here to share and learn. Yes, I am an example of what not to do, I had to learn like everyone else. I see gaps in our preparation for this wonderful life changing process.

I don't have psych issues and I'm very surprised and humbled at the reaction I'm getting but I'm willing to take any criticism. I feel horrible that I've offended you all so much. It was never my intention. I only wish I could explain myself better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back