Wrist Surgery & DS

aaa

Forgive typg.

Had rt. wrist surg. 2.28. Very tired, but expected. However, feel like have to 'go' more than usual. That feeling.

Also, do 'go' a lot more than usual & gas. Started day or so after surg. Eating same as alwys. Thoughts?

Attachments

• cast5  3.14.jpg
    cast5 3.14.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 3
Were you given an antibiotic via injection or pill form? That can cause the digestive changes. Just an idea ;)

Anesthesia can also affect your guts, and it takes a while to fully leave your body. And for me, merely a change in daily routine can play havoc with my guts.

What they said...and I've had a DeQuervain's release on my rt wrist and something will be going south with the left in a short time.

Did you have a "10 days with your hand like this" or a "4 weeks with your hand like this" procedure?

And...lol..an ex-boyfriend from way back wrote to ask me about my bidet attachments...his girlfriend's son had fallen and broken BOTH wrists and wasn't enjoying again getting help from his mommy to go potty...at age 40+. Anyway, if you'll be a while "like this" there are reasonably priced bidet attachments that help.

DeQuervain's part of it. Much more is torn ligaments. Weeks in cast then PT, I think. Keep hand up as much as possib. Did your gastro. system suffer at all?

Diana, I thought re: anest., too (esp. for tiredness) but MyNewLife's thought about antibio. (as often given for wound infect. prevent.) made sense, too.

Thankfully, I had lots of notice, so lots of lft. hand practice.

My gastro system did not suffer...but I likely had less anesthesia and a much shorter surgery.

3 weeks later & cast is off. Yay! Stitches are out and now swelling and pain when I turn it. Can't wait to begin OT. I want my mobility back!

I'm glad to hear the worst part is over - well, except for the PT which sucks but is necessary. I hope you were a one-and-done and that the surgery fixed everything.

Latest posts

Back