Who Takes Calcium Apatite?

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
I have always hedged my bet on calcium by taking carbonate, citrate, and apatite. Till recently it was hard to get apatite in the US, or at least you really had to hunt for it. It was much more available in Europe and South America. It was Dr. Baltasar who turned me on to apatite when he told me he believed it was even more absorbable for us than citrate. He has recommended apatite for his patients forever.

We have a few Europeans here so I'm wondering who else takes this and how much. Where do you get yours? Looking for new better sources.

Here in the States or in Europe? I use Jarrow Bone-up which has a number of other bone building stuff along with the MCHA. Vitacost has their own version call Bone Booster.

I use Jarrow Bone-up or MRM Bone Maximizer III both of which have MCHA plus other bone building things. I buy them at a brick and mortar store (Sprouts) or order on Amazon.

I know people who love it...but my taking it coincided with a decrease in my calcium and an increase in PTH...so I went back to my BA.

The Country Life Target-Mins I use have a combo of several kinds of calcium, including apatite. They seem to be doing well for me, though my intractable D deficiency is not helping my PTH levels.

Latest posts

Back