VSGers - how is your hunger?

JackieOnLine

Staff member
this thread is for Maria to talk about it, because I hate facebook. :p

I always had real hunger from one week post op. now, how much hunger I have depends on what I am eating. I feel like a non-op, in that if I eat sugar - then I get much hungrier, much faster.

It's been a little frustrating. With the band I had NO hunger for the first 2 weeks, and that was freaking awesome. However that ended at 2 weeks. With he revision I was hungry before the first 2 weeks. I seem to get hungry soon after eating as well.

what all are you tracking? protein, carbs, water?

and how are you feeling? do you have energy? feel good?

oh, I forgot, Maria is new!!

18535_Welcome_christmas_t_sm.jpg

I think fluids is probably where I fall short.

more fluids!!

I don't necessarily do the right things, but I know what they are. not that everyone is the same, of course, but most people are helped by tracking, water, protein first, etc.

hmm, that welcome sign is a little Christmas-y...

Hi Maria!!
I got a real sense of hunger back at 4mo po, I recall the moment head-hunger came back (2-3mo po) I salivated thinking about tobiko sushi!

I still can sometimes not get hungry, depending on the mind-set, place in my cycle, what I've been eating before.. but for the most part, I need to physically eat every 5 hrs or so, but want to eat more frequently. I now live a very high fat, moderate protein/carb intake, and that works really well for me and has for a couple years (both me & normie husband eat similar.. he gets more carbs, but is naturally skinny.)

If I eat sugar/fat/flour though, all bets are off, my compulsive eating rears it's head and the Skittles go down.

I def do better/lose when I get more plain water (and fat) then when I don't. When I'm up, I frequently just eat very high fat for a few days, and things get back to a good spot. That also keeps me from being overly nibbly to boot..

as long as I'm paying attention (so I don't accidentally over-do) I find fat is my friend. I never went "low fat".

but if I mindless eat too much - feels like a heavy brick. :oops:

Latest posts

Back