Vitamin Fasting?

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
So I see my team on Tuesday, should I not take vits on Monday or Tuesday morning so they get a proper reading? I thought I saw/read something about that before but wasn't sure. Any advice is appreciated :)

Also, to get a copy of the lab report, do I just ask Mr P?

Yep 24 hours here too. I was told I would only get D done one time so only cut that one out and they told me my zinc was above the max, so I cut back as by the time I got the results I forgot I hadn't cut that one out. My skin went horrible and it took me a while to back track and recall everything.

Mr Patel is great he sends the results to your GP and sends you a copy. Sadly this takes him about 2 months.

I follow the 24 hours with no vitamins guideline. Otherwise some of the readings are skewed by the temporary levels in your blood due to the pills you just took, rather than the true level. Seems different doctors recommend different times, if any.

The most important is that you are consistent from one draw to the next so you can track your trend.

There may be specific food fasting requirements for some blood tests. Your doctor will tell you of these

And make sure you drink lots of water before your draw to plump up your veins. This will make the draw faster and easier

Latest posts

Back