Vitamin D/Calcium Patches

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
Anyone trying these yet? You can get them on Amazon and there's more than one brand available. A normal dose should work for us because they are absorbed through the skin so, if you will, they bypass our malabsorbtion.

One has calcium too. Anyone know how well we absorb these? Any studies out there?

Vitamin D3 Topical Patch - 30 Day Supply
  • $19.95 ($1,995.00/100 g)
  • Order in the next 13 hours and get it by Friday, Jan 17.
  • FREE Shipping on orders over $35
  • (8)
  • Product Features
  • Vitamin D Access Without Sunlight Exposure

Respro Labs High Potency Vitamin D Patch - 10 Patches
  • $47.95 $15.99
  • Order in the next 11 hours and get it by Friday, Jan 17.
  • FREE Shipping on orders over $35
  • (4)
  • Product Features
  • ... to continuously release Vitamin D throughout the day and to help ...
  • Show only Respro Labs items

Vitamin D / Calcium Topical Patch: Immune Strengthening Daily Supplement

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What an interesting idea. The big pills are my daily nemesis and the pill crusher ain't my friend either. Going to give these a try. Thx Munchkin! Will report back.

What an interesting idea. The big pills are my daily nemesis and the pill crusher ain't my friend either. Going to give these a try. Thx Munchkin! Will report back.
Would love to see someone try these in addition to their regular calcium/d. The trick would be to do labs then start the trial for 6 months or so then do labs again. Someone starting out with low levels.

Most everyone is low d/calcium anyway and I am pretty sure it wouldn't hurt.

Anyone trying these yet? You can get them on Amazon and there's more than one brand available. A normal dose should work for us because they are absorbed through the skin so, if you will, they bypass our malabsorbtion.

One has calcium too. Anyone know how well we absorb these? Any studies out

What is the dosage on these?

Most folks recommend far below a decent level of vitamin d. I have heard some docs recommend only. 400 ius. In some circles 1000 is a lot. I get worried when I see " daily dose".

And because we are still malabsorbing the food we eat , I would suggest we still need more

I envision an armful of patches. Is there any maximum level that one can absorb via a patch?

Bottom line. I would need to see a lot more credible evidence (and more than testimonials ) before I took these seriously

I wonder what the Endochronologists think of these

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Somehow I messed up and my reply is embedded into your message. I did not want to put words into your mouth LOL

That's why I suggested patches and pills for someone low. Most everyone malabsorbs D. Even normies. And there are very few foods with naturally occurring D. Lots are fortified. And what's the carrier? I would like to know!

FIFY! (Fixed it for you)

thank you for the fix - and for telling me. I thought I was going crazy because I had sent the message, and realized my mistake, on my iphone. Then when I signed onto my desktop, I saw the message looking A-OK and I thought I was losing it. Your explanation helped

(In my best Rod Serling voice) Happy Dsr, you have entered Twilight Zone... (cue the creepy music).

Munchkin, yep, testing with lab verification would be best, for sure. I'm not going to wait. Just ordered from Amazon. Will start Saturday or Sunday. Reading around the Web they don't sound necessarily fab but D is the one vitamin that really IS absorbed through the skin, so may work well.

Happy, I'm thinking the regular dose IS enough because we won't malabsorb these.

Am due for labs late March. Will use those as a baseline and takeaway in 6 months if my D is good. 6 months after that will see if they made a positive difference.

Ah, life as our own clinical trial.... ;)

(In my best Rod Serling voice) Happy Dsr, you have entered Twilight Zone... (cue the creepy music).

Happy, I'm thinking the regular dose IS enough because we won't malabsorb these.

my question is - what really is a "daily dose"?

In Canada, the standard guideline was just increased last year to 400 - 1000 IUs per day. IMO, that is simply not enough, even for normies. So it is possible a product could have 400IUs and be called a daily dose. My endo recommends 2000 at a minimum for normal, non-osteopenic women, so if this product had 400 IUs, a normie would need 5 patches. This doesn't factor in any malabsoption

my question is - what really is a "daily dose"?

In Canada, the standard guideline was just increased last year to 400 - 1000 IUs per day. IMO, that is simply not enough, even for normies. So it is possible a product could have 400IUs and be called a daily dose. My endo recommends 2000 at a minimum for normal, non-osteopenic women, so if this product had 400 IUs, a normie would need 5 patches. This doesn't factor in any malabsoption

The makers of the patch I got on Amazon seem to agree with you. The dosage is 3000 mcg of natural Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) per patch (one patch per day). Here's more from their website:
http://www.resprolabs.com/vitamind/

^^^Ooh. That's a lot! And it sounds like a familiar prescription for crapped-out D levels.

Hope 100K gets you back up quick, Whit! (quick whit... tee hee.)

The makers of the patch I got on Amazon seem to agree with you. The dosage is 3000 mcg of natural Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) per patch (one patch per day). Here's more from their website:
http://www.resprolabs.com/vitamind/

now I am really confused.
25 mcgs of vitamin D equal 1000 IUs. So 3000 mcgs would be 96,000 IUs. That is a lot if malabsorption isn;t a factor. Perhaps they expect that only a small amount will be absorbed through the skin delivery. I really don't know the science of patch absorption. WHen you receive the patches, there should be more detailed information inside. Perhaps a toll-free number to get more information. As our test case/Guinea pig, we will be looking to you for the answers LOL

Latest posts

Back