Sunday Weigh In (9/8/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 119
This week 120
And that’s in spite of having to eat soft stuff and warm liquids. My infected tooth is extremely painful. Right lower jaw. And my dentist won’t fix it without cardiac clearance. I understand that. BUT the cardiologist is being a BUTT.
Cardiologist at Wheeling, where I went to ER said no dental for ONE YEAR. That’s asinine when you have a raging infection. I was on the first round of antibiotics when I had my heart attack.
My cardiologist at AHN (Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh metro) said 6 months. Still a stupid amount. Especially since the American Heart Association and the NIH say 6 weeks especially for emergency dental. But he actually said he would not sign a clearance before 6 months in front of Charles. Now that not what he put in his after visit report. But most people don’t read those. I’m not most people.

Anyway, I stopped at my dentist before lunch on Friday with a printout of that statement so the dentist would be willing to declare my need an emergency. His office staff said it wasn’t likely he would but he might.

Then later that afternoon, I was dealing with rising blood pressure, pain that was excruciating (I was in tears and I can handle pain). It had migrated from my lower jaw to my upper, affecting my left eyesight and giving me a headache as well. All signs of needing the ER. Btw, I am NOW on the 4th round of antibiotics. And I’ll be 8 weeks out on Tuesday, well pass the 6 week mark.

But my mad googling skills made a discovery, there is a dental clinic at AHN with emergency care. While on our 2ay to downtown Pittsburgh, I called them. They said I needed to actually call Monday for help. We decided to head on in anyway to the ER, based on my rising blood pressure.

That ER was a definite help. While they could not stop the pain or get rid of the tooth, they did 1) give me a referral to the Oral Maxifacial surgeon in that clinic. 2) They gave me a heavy duty pain reliever and told me to alternate with either Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Since I’m taking Carafate due to taking Aspirin, I’m taking the Ibuprofen. Less torture on my liver. And yes, I mentioned my AHN cardiologist by name who was responsible for me still being in this mess. They were all shaking their head at his lack of care.

I’m still in pain but have pain meds to help.

Last edited:
Last week 119
This week 120
And that’s in spite of having to eat soft stuff and warm liquids. My infected tooth is extremely painful. Right lower jaw. And my dentist won’t fix it without cardiac clearance. I understand that. BUT the cardiologist is being a BUTT.
Cardiologist at Wheeling, where I went to ER said no dental for ONE YEAR. That’s asinine when you have a raging infection. I was on the first round of antibiotics when I had my heart attack.
My cardiologist at AHN (Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh metro) said 6 months. Still a stupid amount. Especially since the American Heart Association and the NIH say 6 weeks especially for emergency dental. But he actually said he would not sign a clearance before 6 months in front of Charles. Now that not what he put in his after visit report. But most people don’t read those. I’m not most people.

Anyway, I stopped at my dentist before lunch on Friday with a printout of that statement so the dentist would be willing to declare my need an emergency. His office staff said it wasn’t likely he would but he might.

Then later that afternoon, I was dealing with rising blood pressure, pain that was excruciating (I was in tears and I can handle pain). It had migrated from my lower jaw to my upper, affecting my left eyesight and giving me a headache as well. All signs of needing the ER. Btw, I am NOW on the 4th round of antibiotics. And I’ll be 8 weeks out on Tuesday, well pass the 6 week mark.

But my mad googling skills made a discovery, there is a dental clinic at AHN with emergency care. While on our 2ay to downtown Pittsburgh, I called them. They said I needed to actually call Monday for help. We decided to head on in anyway to the ER, based on my rising blood pressure.

That ER was a definite help. While they could not stop the pain or get rid of the tooth, they did 1) give me a referral to the Oral Maxifacial surgeon in that clinic. 2) They gave me a heavy duty pain reliever and told me to alternate with either Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Since I’m taking Carafate due to taking Aspirin, I’m taking the Ibuprofen. Less torture on my liver. And yes, I mentioned my AHN cardiologist by name who was responsible for me still being in this mess. They were all shaking their head at his lack of care.

I’m so, so sorry you’re having to go through this painful nightmare of idiotic supposedly smart doctors!

Last week 119
This week 120

I sincerely hope they sign the declaration because it is an actual emergency, it can affect your heart (and brain) if not taken care of swiftly. I'm so sorry you're going through this. The infection pain and absolutely the worse pain ever! 🫶🏻🤍

I don't know my weight last week, but my weight on 08/28/2024 was 412 (in the hospital prepped for surgery)

HW 475
CW 397.9
GW 160

TDS 08/28/24

200 cm Common Channel
100 cm Roux Limb

Total Alimentary Limb Length is 300 cm.

I’m so, so sorry you’re having to go through this painful nightmare of idiotic supposedly smart doctors!
He actually had the nerve to say he was worried about his license. Well, he better be worried about it if something happens to me and it’s because of his FAILURE TO ACT. Because if something does, I told Charles to file suit against him.
I sincerely hope they sign the declaration because it is an actual emergency, it can affect your heart (and brain) if not taken care of swiftly. I'm so sorry you're going through this. The infection pain and absolutely the worse pain ever! 🫶🏻🤍
Every doctor, other than my cardiologists, have expressed confusion on why it has not been done already. I’m passed the six week mark of greatest danger. My health is in decent shape considering the recent heart attack. And throwing antibiotics at it is a really stupid move. Just ask anyone who has had c diff.
I don't know my weight last week, but my weight on 08/28/2024 was 412 (in the hospital prepped for surgery)

HW 475
CW 397.9
GW 160

TDS 08/28/24

200 cm Common Channel
100 cm Roux Limb

A new millennium to play in, LOL. Congratulations
:congrats:

And the end of the month will be here before you know it.

He actually had the nerve to say he was worried about his license. Well, he better be worried about it if something happens to me and it’s because of his FAILURE TO ACT. Because if something does, I told Charles to file suit against him.

Every doctor, other than my cardiologists, have expressed confusion on why it has not been done already. I’m passed the six week mark of greatest danger. My health is in decent shape considering the recent heart attack. And throwing antibiotics at it is a really stupid move. Just ask anyone who has had c diff.

A new millennium to play in, LOL. Congratulations
:congrats:

And the end of the month will be here before you know it.
I pray nothing happens to you 🥺 but I agree, immediate medical malpractice (or the equivalent) because that's horrendous to make someone sit and suffer in excruciating pain and not even offer to help them. I assume he took the same oath as others. Hearing him say that he's worried about his license is atrocious 🤍hugs🤍

I pray nothing happens to you 🥺 but I agree, immediate medical malpractice (or the equivalent) because that's horrendous to make someone sit and suffer in excruciating pain and not even offer to help them. I assume he took the same oath as others. Hearing him say that he's worried about his license is atrocious 🤍hugs🤍
Thanks, and while in the ER in Pittsburgh which, BTW is with the same hospital system he’s with, I was actually naming names. I called him out, BY NAME, as the cardiologist who’s refusing to give me clearance. I so wanted to call him an asshat!

Thanks, and while in the ER in Pittsburgh which, BTW is with the same hospital system he’s with, I was actually naming names. I called him out, BY NAME, as the cardiologist who’s refusing to give me clearance. I so wanted to call him an asshat!
I appreciate you standing up and naming names and he definitely is an ass hat. It's crazy that he won't clear you for this emergency.

I was dealing with rising blood pressure, pain that was excruciating (I was in tears and I can handle pain). It had migrated from my lower jaw to my upper, affecting my left eyesight and giving me a headache as well. All signs of needing the ER. Btw, I am NOW on the 4th round of antibiotics.
OMG, what does it mean for his license if your infection goes systemic?! he is worse than an asshat, he is a VERY BAD DOCTOR!

I'm so sorry, Liz, this is not OK.

Oh no - I hope you can get emergency dental this week.

HW 475
CW 397.9
GW 160

TDS 08/28/24

200 cm Common Channel
100 cm Roux Limb

Congrats on leveling down! :) Well done! Nice to cross over to a new first digit!!!

@southernlady I am so terribly sorry to read of your pain and these delays. I hope you can get the dental help you need and get that infection under control this week. New dentist and cardiologist if need be. Hugs!

@southernlady I am so terribly sorry to read of your pain and these delays. I hope you can get the dental help you need and get that infection under control this week. New dentist and cardiologist if need be. Hugs!
We’ll use the dental clinic to get this issue under control. And depending on how they handle dental insurance, we may use them to get the front chipped teeth handled. But we need to expand our area for looking for a regular dentist. It’s not like we have cheap insurance, we pay out of pocket for Cigna Dental. Many Medicare Advantage plans have dental but 1) I won’t touch an Advantage plan these days and 2) the Medicare dental plans are so not worth the paper they are written on. Most dentists will not accept them.

Latest posts

Back