Sunday Weigh In (9/17/2023)

Last weigh-in, 9/8: 168.8
Today: 168.8

Not bad at all. I closed my rings every day while on my week in DC. I had protein rich breakfast (eggs plus ham, bacon, etc.) and dinners (steak & bison most nights) but had sandwiches for most lunches, chips, and cookies for snacks. OMG why were there so many cookies?

I’m not displeased with the week overall. I elected to not fuss about it and just enjoy the week and put my energy towards getting through it and being “on” for my job. I think I succeeded. As I said, I closed all my rings and kept to my vitamins on schedule so those are solid wins.

But now it’s time to start tracking again and build some exercise habits. I won’t have my Factor meals this week or next so I’ll need to figure out what I want to do for lunches and make good choices.

I‘m also going to buy some kettlebells and start using those.

Last weigh-in, 9/8: 168.8
Today: 168.8

Not bad at all. I closed my rings every day while on my week in DC. I had protein rich breakfast (eggs plus ham, bacon, etc.) and dinners (steak & bison most nights) but had sandwiches for most lunches, chips, and cookies for snacks. OMG why were there so many cookies?

I’m not displeased with the week overall. I elected to not fuss about it and just enjoy the week and put my energy towards getting through it and being “on” for my job. I think I succeeded. As I said, I closed all my rings and kept to my vitamins on schedule so those are solid wins.

But now it’s time to start tracking again and build some exercise habits. I won’t have my Factor meals this week or next so I’ll need to figure out what I want to do for lunches and make good choices.

I‘m also going to buy some kettlebells and start using those.
That’s great.

last post I found

this week 141.3

I'll take it!

and it's fall here, too, although I am about to go sit out and sun myself and this afternoon I will want the AC on, likely

I'm guessing this is an exercise you've posted about and I have forgotten!

Closing Rings is Apple Watch terminology. You have daily goals to meet including calories, standing hours, and exercise minutes.

Standing hours are helpful if you have a desk job, like I do, to prevent me from staying sitting too long. I have mine set for the default of 12 but I’m usually hitting 16 hours of enough movement to trigger it.

Apple works on calories burned, unlike Fitbit which goes on steps taken. I have mine set to 360 currently (gotta bring that up) and that’s the extra I “burn” in a day outside of what it takes for me to exist.

Then there’s exercise minutes, mine is at 20 and that’s 20 minutes where I exerted effort and brought my heart rate up.

As an example, if I took a walk but didn’t get my heart rate up, then I don’t get exercise minutes. I still burn calories but I won’t get the minutes. It sounds a little convoluted but the three work well together.

Last week 215
This week 211.6

Getting so close to onederland. And just over one more week before I am released to start weightlifting.

I‘m not a fan of Facebook (in general) but I recently found a group called, “Bariatric Weight Lifters” which I find inspiring. Because we are all bariatric (mostly sleev & RNY, tbh) and there’s differences in how we look, I find it encouraging to see people that have bodies like mine.

last post I found

this week 141.3

I'll take it!

and it's fall here, too, although I am about to go sit out and sun myself and this afternoon I will want the AC on, likely

I'm guessing this is an exercise you've posted about and I have forgotten!
Good going. I’d take it too.
Last week 215
This week 211.6

Getting so close to onederland. And just over one more week before I am released to start weightlifting.
You are getting close. When you are released, go slow, please.
I‘m not a fan of Facebook (in general) but I recently found a group called, “Bariatric Weight Lifters” which I find inspiring. Because we are all bariatric (mostly sleev & RNY, tbh) and there’s differences in how we look, I find it encouraging to see people that have bodies like mine.
The only weight I lift are my 6 cats, most weigh over 10 lbs, one weighs over 15. But it’s sounds interesting for you.

Latest posts

Back