Sunday Weigh In (9/15/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 120
This week 117
Not surprised since I’m living on soup, I’m trying to add protein to it but it doesn’t reheat well and I absolutely hate wasting protein powder that way. I’m not getting enough macros or enough calories. I am getting a fair amount of fat thanks to my morning coffee. Not like I should but enough to stay regular. Poached eggs are a life saver.

Last night I made up some jello and had some of it warm, OMG, that was so good! I’m having trouble with anything cool/cold. Normally I keep everything in the fridge but I’m keeping everything on the counter these days. I did discover that protein water will go bad if left out too long.

Last week 120
This week 117
Not surprised since I’m living on soup, I’m trying to add protein to it but it doesn’t reheat well and I absolutely hate wasting protein powder that way. I’m not getting enough macros or enough calories. I am getting a fair amount of fat thanks to my morning coffee. Not like I should but enough to stay regular. Poached eggs are a life saver.

Last night I made up some jello and had some of it warm, OMG, that was so good! I’m having trouble with anything cool/cold. Normally I keep everything in the fridge but I’m keeping everything on the counter these days. I did discover that protein water will go bad if left out too long.
I hope you're feeling better soon 🫶🏻 and I'm glad to know about the protein water because I have some of that. Thank you!

Last week 397.9
This week 386.9

HW 475
CW 386.9
GW 160

TDS 08/28/24

200 cm Common Channel
100 cm Roux Limb

Total Alimentary Limb Length is 300 cm

Struggling with eating because all of the Rx medications and the vitamins are filling up my stomach. I opted to drink them with a protein drink instead of water today to make sure I get my protein in to see if that makes a difference in my macros.

Last week 397.9
This week 386.9

HW 475
CW 386.9
GW 160

TDS 08/28/24

200 cm Common Channel
100 cm Roux Limb

Total Alimentary Limb Length is 300 cm

Struggling with eating because all of the Rx medications and the vitamins are filling up my stomach. I opted to drink them with a protein drink instead of water today to make sure I get my protein in to see if that makes a difference in my macros.
Good on the weight. Right now, you will drop weight fast. Do not count on it staying that way.

Good idea about using your protein water to take your vitamins/medications. Be careful with medications as some may need to be taken with just water. A PPI is that way, thyroid meds are too. So read up to be sure.

Good morning!

Last week (9/8/24)
140.7 pounds

This week
139.5 pounds

I received my results from my endoscopy. Negative for H. Pylori and any ulcers. I was diagnosed with gastritis.

My follow up with the gastroenterologist is not until 10/7/24. I called the office and asked for a sooner appointment because I am really g struggling with eating and pain. I was able to get a phone appointment for tomorrow, 9/16/24. I am super grateful.

I am also struggling with behaviors with my relationship with food. I am not sticking to my “absolutes”. Like tracking my food (Baritastic app), not prioritizing my protein. Eating more sugar than I should. Yesterday, I was out of control.

Prior to surgery, I was not a “sweets” person at all. My go to was greasy and savory foods.

Thank Goodness I see a therapist weekly. I will definitely bring what happened yesterday.

I think it might do to the situations going on at home. My father in law is on hospice. On 5/30/24, he discontinued all medical treatments. His hematologist stated he will have a generous 3 weeks. It seems, he was doing as well as to be expected until this morning. I am with him now. I am going to stay with him until he passes away. My mother in law passed away on 2007 and he lives alone (his dog lives with him).

His children (my husband and my brother in law) have a complicated relationship with their father. He was not a good father. My brother in law blames my DIL for all his shortcomings and failures. My husband, in my opinion succeeded in spite of his father’s emotional abuse. But the baggage that comes with childhood trauma can be paralyzing at times.

I feel my husband and I are a team. I don’t mind at all caring for my FIL. He and I have developed a relationship over the 26.5 years that defy logic. He is a difficult individual to deal with. (For example, he told my MIL he didn’t like me when we met because I had opinions).

But when Jacob was born, my first son, my FIL was a changed man. He is an excellent Papa to my boys. My husband and I am grateful for that.

My aunt is also on her spice with Alzheimer’s. But fortunately, she is at a care facility about a mile from my home. She is being taken care of.

With me living with my father in law (about 33 miles from my home), my boys (18 and 21 years old) visit her. We visit daily.

So, that is my life in a nutshell at the moment.

Good morning!

Last week (9/8/24)
140.7 pounds

This week
139.5 pounds

I received my results from my endoscopy. Negative for H. Pylori and any ulcers. I was diagnosed with gastritis.

My follow up with the gastroenterologist is not until 10/7/24. I called the office and asked for a sooner appointment because I am really g struggling with eating and pain. I was able to get a phone appointment for tomorrow, 9/16/24. I am super grateful.

I am also struggling with behaviors with my relationship with food. I am not sticking to my “absolutes”. Like tracking my food (Baritastic app), not prioritizing my protein. Eating more sugar than I should. Yesterday, I was out of control.

Prior to surgery, I was not a “sweets” person at all. My go to was greasy and savory foods.

Thank Goodness I see a therapist weekly. I will definitely bring what happened yesterday.

I think it might do to the situations going on at home. My father in law is on hospice. On 5/30/24, he discontinued all medical treatments. His hematologist stated he will have a generous 3 weeks. It seems, he was doing as well as to be expected until this morning. I am with him now. I am going to stay with him until he passes away. My mother in law passed away on 2007 and he lives alone (his dog lives with him).

His children (my husband and my brother in law) have a complicated relationship with their father. He was not a good father. My brother in law blames my DIL for all his shortcomings and failures. My husband, in my opinion succeeded in spite of his father’s emotional abuse. But the baggage that comes with childhood trauma can be paralyzing at times.

I feel my husband and I are a team. I don’t mind at all caring for my FIL. He and I have developed a relationship over the 26.5 years that defy logic. He is a difficult individual to deal with. (For example, he told my MIL he didn’t like me when we met because I had opinions).

But when Jacob was born, my first son, my FIL was a changed man. He is an excellent Papa to my boys. My husband and I am grateful for that.

My aunt is also on her spice with Alzheimer’s. But fortunately, she is at a care facility about a mile from my home. She is being taken care of.

With me living with my father in law (about 33 miles from my home), my boys (18 and 21 years old) visit her. We visit daily.

So, that is my life in a nutshell at the moment.
I’m sorry you are dealing with so much. Remember to try and take care of yourself while you take care of others. I know you have a lot on your plate, literally, but try not to sabotage yourself.

A point about gastritis, ibuprofen makes it worse. Tylenol however is hard on the liver. It’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation.

Carafate is a solution if you require an NSAID.

Thank you! I really appreciate this you and everyone in this group!

I spoke to my bariactric physician assistant and was told Carafate is good for ulcers but does not really help gastritis. He advised me to take Extra Strength Mylanta.

A friend who had DS WLS suggested pepto.

Thank you! I really appreciate this you and everyone in this group!

I spoke to my bariactric physician assistant and was told Carafate is good for ulcers but does not really help gastritis. He advised me to take Extra Strength Mylanta.

A friend who had DS WLS suggested pepto.
Odd, I got Carafate to avoid gastritis since I am required to take aspirin now. I’ve had two bouts of gastritis and was told to avoid NSAIDS for the most part.

I don’t use NSAIDS, even prior to WLS. I rarely have a need for pain relievers in general.

I do have some Carafate. Be interesting to see what the gastroenterologist says tomorrow.

I’m having trouble with anything cool/cold
that explains the soup. How has your pain been? I hope you can get more food in soon, Liz.
Struggling with eating because all of the Rx medications and the vitamins are filling up my stomach.
are you at least staying hydrated? that is always a priority.
I am really g struggling with eating and pain.

I am also struggling with behaviors with my relationship with food.

I'm sorry about all this. Be has kind to yourself as you can. You have so much stress going on! and I hope they can find a way to control your pain ASAP!

Good on the weight. Right now, you will drop weight fast. Do not count on it staying that way.

Good idea about using your protein water to take your vitamins/medications. Be careful with medications as some may need to be taken with just water. A PPI is that way, thyroid meds are too. So read up to be sure.
Will do, thank you!

Last week 120
This week 117

Hope you can move beyond soup soon. Hang in there!

I don’t use NSAIDS, even prior to WLS. I rarely have a need for pain relievers in general.

I do have some Carafate. Be interesting to see what the gastroenterologist says tomorrow.
Be careful of Tylenol, I know they push Tylenol but it’s hard on the liver.
that explains the soup. How has your pain been? I hope you can get more food in soon, Liz.
I made some jello the other night and drank it warm, OMG, excellent! So I had another cup this morning.
Hope you can move beyond soup soon. Hang in there!
I hope so as well.

Latest posts

Back