Sunday Weigh In (8/25/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 120
This week 117
I’m eating, I’m eating, I promise! And lots of calorie dense foods. I’m still drinking protein waters since my actual protein intake of food isn’t what it should be. But with the protein waters, my labs have been above 7.

Hope you can get back up to 120 this week!

We returned last night from dropping Hannah at college and taking Liam back to his today. We are so tired and happy. Broke bread with new friends and cousins during our time out east. Tomorrow the carbfest will end when empty nesting officially commences!

8/18/24
142.7 pounds

8/25/24
142.5 pounds

I am pretty maintaining my weight. I am happy about that!

I have my long awaited gastroenterologist appointment on 8/28….hopefully, I will get an endoscopy.

I've been gone for a while, although I've been home. I tried to turn into a slug until teacher work days, and I was almost successful. I need to work on increasing my protein, which is making me hate protein. I'm actually supposed to be doing my reading for my Thursday night grad class, but I don't want to.

Last weigh in - 136.8
This week - 137

I'm basically at maintenance now, which I'm good with. My copper levels are low, and no one at the clinic seems to care other than the NUT, who just had me increase my copper levels. I've been doing the research and low copper can cause most of the issues I've been having, including the low RBC. My incidents of lower limb dystonia have been worsening, and I have a positive Romberg sign. I'm hoping my PCP will finally refer me SOMEWHERE so we can determine if this truly a case of a copper deficiency or it's just secondary to something else.

Tomorrow if the first student day back at school, so please pray for me, LOL. I have my first annual oncology visit next week, and I'm currently waiting on the VA to determine if my cancer qualifies me for a disability rating under the PACT Act.

I probably should just update my thread, since I'm typing a novel here.

We returned last night from dropping Hannah at college and taking Liam back to his today. We are so tired and happy. Broke bread with new friends and cousins during our time out east. Tomorrow the carbfest will end when empty nesting officially commences!
It would be nice. Glad you had a safe trip and connected with friends and family.

Try to go easy on the carb fest.
8/18/24
142.7 pounds

8/25/24
142.5 pounds

I am pretty maintaining my weight. I am happy about that!

I have my long awaited gastroenterologist appointment on 8/28….hopefully, I will get an endoscopy.
I’d say losing 5 lbs is not yet maintaining. Hope the appointment with the gastroenterologist goes well.
I've been gone for a while, although I've been home. I tried to turn into a slug until teacher work days, and I was almost successful. I need to work on increasing my protein, which is making me hate protein. I'm actually supposed to be doing my reading for my Thursday night grad class, but I don't want to.

Last weigh in - 136.8
This week - 137

I'm basically at maintenance now, which I'm good with. My copper levels are low, and no one at the clinic seems to care other than the NUT, who just had me increase my copper levels. I've been doing the research and low copper can cause most of the issues I've been having, including the low RBC. My incidents of lower limb dystonia have been worsening, and I have a positive Romberg sign. I'm hoping my PCP will finally refer me SOMEWHERE so we can determine if this truly a case of a copper deficiency or it's just secondary to something else.

Tomorrow if the first student day back at school, so please pray for me, LOL. I have my first annual oncology visit next week, and I'm currently waiting on the VA to determine if my cancer qualifies me for a disability rating under the PACT Act.

I probably should just update my thread, since I'm typing a novel here.
One thing to watch when supplementing your copper is your zinc, they affect each other. So if your zinc is borderline, add it as well.

I hope your appointment with the VA goes well. I hate that you have cancer but it qualifies you for VA disability, that’s a positive out of it.

I’m glad you are in maintenance.

How did you do with your walking problems, did brace help?

How did you do with your walking problems, did brace help?
Thanks for asking. The brace and cortisone injection helped; m the other direction were a the mid-sleep hotel fire alarm and trek down the stairs , hiking around campus and the climb up and down to the 3rd floor dorm room, plus special Thai-massage style knee palpitation by an overzealous TSA agent who made me remove the brace for xray, saw my very bruised and swollen naked knee and still decided to press around on it through my pant leg once I pulled it down. Still, I got to be there and it was amazing. I was anxious about how Hannah would settle in as she is very shy, but she seems to have found her people already!

Wishing for the best on both fronts - cancer and school. Hugs to you!

Thanks for asking. The brace and cortisone injection helped; m the other direction were a the mid-sleep hotel fire alarm and trek down the stairs , hiking around campus and the climb up and down to the 3rd floor dorm room, plus special Thai-massage style knee palpitation by an overzealous TSA agent who made me remove the brace for xray, saw my very bruised and swollen naked knee and still decided to press around on it through my pant leg once I pulled it down. Still, I got to be there and it was amazing. I was anxious about how Hannah would settle in as she is very shy, but she seems to have found her people already!
Oh dear. Are you seeing an orthopedic doctor for your knee?

Oh dear. Are you seeing an orthopedic doctor for your knee?
Hi - yes I am debating whether to go under the knife for my knee as recommended. Right now it is tincture of time, as I have some more pressing concerns that I've had to put on hold until Hannah was at school and my mom was in her new assisted living set-up, which have happened. Now I have to figure out how to prioritize all that needs to be done and how to get more time off to do it. I am having a teeny tiny cavity in my tooth drilled on Friday for a start.

Hi - yes I am debating whether to go under the knife for my knee as recommended. Right now it is tincture of time, as I have some more pressing concerns that I've had to put on hold until Hannah was at school and my mom was in her new assisted living set-up, which have happened. Now I have to figure out how to prioritize all that needs to be done and how to get more time off to do it. I am having a teeny tiny cavity in my tooth drilled on Friday for a start.
I was in the hold off mode on my knees, planning for this summer/fall and then had my heart attack. So now, I’m sidelined for a year. Back to maintaining as before.

Latest posts

Back