Sunday Weigh In (8/2/2015)

3 Weeks Ago: 193
This Morning: 180
Low for week: 177

I bounce 3-5 pounds during the week but the bottom line is that at 23 months post DS procedure I have lost 13-16 pounds in the last 3 weeks .....and that is on a minimum of 288,000 IU of CREON daily to a max of 360,000 daily (2 with meals & one with snacks).
Oh geese, Scott, you just can't catch a break, can you? Good luck moving forward. Can't be in better hands.
LW 126
TW 126

Seem to be sticking around at this weight for the last month. Feels pretty good and seems to suit me!
Not a bad place to be. Good going.

LW: 237.2
TW: 232.8

This cracked me up. Sorry you are having trouble sleeping though - that part just ain't funny. Lunesta works for me most of the time, but I see you've already been down that road.
You are doing good. Glad I could provide a giggle. Yeah, at one point the ONLY doors attached in this house were the ones to the bathroom. The lady who owned it before us lived alone so most of the doors were stacked downstairs. I spend many a day stripping, sanding, painting and rehanging doors to the bedrooms.

My first Sunday sign in. Last on scale before surgery (7/13) 251. Today 214. Is that even possible? No more weigh ins until doctor appointment on 8/12.
Yes, it's possible...That is a fantastic drop and weighing only at doctor's appts avoids the dreaded stall (how can you stall if you don't know it????)
LW - 155
TW - 153.2

Yay!!
Not doing anything different except trying to stay on top of my poop issues. It's freaking ridiculous. Have follow up with GI doc tomorrow. My hubby has been consulting Dr. Google and he thinks I might have in addition to motility issues a case of SIBO. The bloating which has been an increasing problem for the last few months no matter what I eat or don't eat...I've always attributed that to my constipation but maybe not. I spend more time looking pregnant lately than not. Also the smell of my gas and poop has gotten stronger. So I will ask the doc about that tomorrow.
Have another back injection procedure in the morning...hopefully I will be done in time to make it to that appt.

We are leaving for vacation Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about my constipation issues so I'm packing an arsenal. I typically get worse when I travel already. Last summer in Europe I didn't go at all for 9 days. Talk about miserable! I'm bringing my Linzess, stool softeners, laxatives, a big bottle of miralax, and a bottle of my natural calm powdered magnesium.

I am going to relax my diet while on vacation. Im sure we'll be drinking quite a bit. We are going to the Virgin Islands and staying the first 3 days at an all inclusive resort in St. Thomas. From there we go to the British Virginia islands where we will board a sailing yacht for a week. They sent us a preference sheet and we said we eat a protein focused diet and very low carbohydrates. So hopefully we won't make out too bad...but I'm fully expecting I'll gain a few lbs on this trip!
Yeah for the loss!!!

Don't you just LOVE Dr. Google??? At least he (she?) provides things to discuss with your doctor.

Have fun on your trip.

I'm at my lowest weight since surgery. I had plateau'd for the longest time actually -- almost a year and a half simply maintaining my weightloss -- but started losing weight again about 4-5 months ago. I suppose - it helps to be broke a bit, or on a budget anyway, because you find that you're not splurging on food so much. The last few months have really nailed home the the mantra "Eat to live - Don't live to eat." for me anyway.

I feel great physically. It seems I'm in the best physical condition of my life. I look good for the most part ... in clothes anyway. Even got a compliment when out of my clothes a couple weekends back. LOL

I still don't own a scale. So I only weigh at doctors appointments. I have an appointment tomorrow - but the last time I weighed I was 14 pounds away from onederland!!! Kinda exciting. Today I'm going by pant size and tbh - it's time to go shopping again. Jeans and short that were snug as several bugs in rugs last season are quite loose now. I have to wear a belt with most everything unless I want my pants on the ground.

Anyway - just wanted to do a quick check-in -- Working on maintaining or even dropping a few more pounds, staying hydrated and getting back to my vitamin regimen. Cheers for continued success everybody!

J.

Went to follow up with GI doc today. He agrees I likely have SIBO. He prescribed Xifaxan. Praying it works...
Here's a picture of my tummy after eating a protein packed salad for dinner. Didn't overeat either. And it's not the salad because this is what happens no matter what I eat.

Tomorrow morning if it's gone and I'm normal I'll take a picture to show the difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 10
Went to follow up with GI doc today. He agrees I likely have SIBO. He prescribed Xifaxan. Praying it works...
Here's a picture of my tummy after eating a protein packed salad for dinner. Didn't overeat either. And it's not the salad because this is what happens no matter what I eat.

Tomorrow morning if it's gone and I'm normal I'll take a picture to show the difference.
Oh wow...like I mentioned on FB, there are some threads here on SIBO. (and the search will recognize those letters)

Cameron had bacterial overgrowth and was on flagyl for about 3 weeks I believe. Cleared it up. Hopefully they can do the same for you Star

Xifaxan didn't do shit (so to speak) for my symptoms - only Flagyl does.
Our insurance is typically great but when a mayo gi prescribed xifacin for Cameron 1.5 years ago for bacterial overgrowth found during a scope, they would not pay and it was going to be $700 for a script.

Our insurance is typically great but when a mayo gi prescribed xifacin for Cameron 1.5 years ago for bacterial overgrowth found during a scope, they would not pay and it was going to be $700 for a script.

My copay for the Xifaxan was $70... I think that's the most I've ever paid for any prescription. I got a discount card in the mail from them while I was away for a $0 copay. I haven't read the details on it yet to see how that works or if it will work for me should I need to get another script of it filled.
But so far, the Xifaxan seems to be helping tremendously.

My copay for the Xifaxan was $70... I think that's the most I've ever paid for any prescription. I got a discount card in the mail from them while I was away for a $0 copay. I haven't read the details on it yet to see how that works or if it will work for me should I need to get another script of it filled.
But so far, the Xifaxan seems to be helping tremendously.
I am so glad you are getting relief and insurance is covering the xifacin.

Btw, from what I have read I am pretty sure I have bacterial overgrowth as well so I am sure a course of flagyl while in hospital is coming my way. I have had a lot of bloating the last month or so and emptying and nocturnal pooping issues for a long time. The sibo and those symptoms are quite common for folks like me who malabsorb...

Latest posts

Back