Sunday Weigh In (6/5/2022)

Last Weight: 148.4 (5/22/22)
This Week: 145.5

I thought I was done because I had been stable for quite a while, but I seem to have started to drop again. I'm down 3 pounds and I was not even trying. I'm also having butt issues for the first time ever. I think it's hemroids. I'm treating appropriately, but it is literally a pain in the butt.
I used to hate the heat now I just love the feel of sun on my body. My whole life has changed and I wish I had made this decision sooner.

I thought I was done because I had been stable for quite a while, but I seem to have started to drop again. I'm down 3 pounds and I was not even trying. I'm also having butt issues for the first time ever. I think it's hemroids. I'm treating appropriately, but it is literally a pain in the butt.
I used to hate the heat now I just love the feel of sun on my body. My whole life has changed and I wish I had made this decision sooner.

I really need the Sun now because I seem to be cold all of the time. Hope I adjust soon or winter will see me dressed for Antarctica While living in Las Vegas.

Didn’t weigh last Sunday but today is 198.8 so I have broken the 200 lb barrier!
:bacondance: Welcome to onderland!
That’s so great.

Me too, I love the feel of sun. So what do we do, move to a moderately cool climate with lots of cold days in winter, LOL. But I also like winter.

As far as hemorrhoids, there is a thread by DianaCox that may have good advice. It’s a fairly old thread.
Congrats on another 3 lbs.
I really need the Sun now because I seem to be cold all of the time. Hope I adjust soon or winter will see me dressed for Antarctica While living in Las Vegas.
11 years out, I’ve learned to embrace layers, heaters, all sorts of things I never dreamed possible preop. Back then I had ONE coat curtesy of living in MI but seldom wore all of it (one of those layered types). I’d most likely be out in 30 degrees in a sweater. Now, you’d be astonished at my coat collection, my heavy sock collection, my boot collection, my base layer collection, heck, even my lined pants collection. Add the gloves, scarves, and hats, and it’s massive for someone who was never cold.
Then there is the multiple blankets on the bed. Haven’t resorted to an electric blanket due to diminished feeling in my feet. Not a wise move for me.
If I were you, I’d start looking in thrift stores now before it does get cold.

Last week 197.8
This week 198.7

Definitely cold a lot more since surgery. Worth it, but it's still a change. The upside is the summers aren't quite as brutal any more.

I have lots of coats now. Light ones, heavy ones, ones for rain....... I used to have 1, but never needed it.
I also have belts now. I bought like 10 of them at the thrift store. I never needed them before.
I am living a whole new life. I really love it.
Thanks about the 3 more pounds. It was unexpected. I got back from vacation and thought with all the social eating I had done I would have gained, but no. I did take premier protien shakes with me and had those for breakfast like I always do. Gives me 30g of protein and gives my stomach time to get ready to accept real food. It works for me.

OK, I found a sticky note with my weight from this past week

that's SO all flab, though, I have really lost muscle and gained inches.

but I'm moving back to where I can walk out the door and hike with no car trip necessary! yay!

OK, I found a sticky note with my weight from this past week

that's SO all flab, though, I have really lost muscle and gained inches.

but I'm moving back to where I can walk out the door and hike with no car trip necessary! yay!
You are doing awesome with the weight, not so awesome with the flab but then I have the same issue. Walking will help.

yes, it was a major reset for me. something like 100 pounds just fell off of me in an incredibly short period of time and all of my gaining since then have been health* related. but I didn't keep from non-stop regain through the kind of hard work and vigilance you would think. the diet mentality that caused my original gain into obesity does not work for me, and I don't think it works for anyone with an eating disorder.

I wish I could get some of the VSGers I knew from my groups back on OH over here to talk about it.

one was on Clean Eating (I'd choose a better name, now) and especially the one on Eating Disorders. I forget what that one was named, but I can speak with authority on Binge Eating Disorder and it isn't like that is rare. and I have no doubt the cause is completely physical, something REAL and not "just in your head".

I guess my point here is, if your metabolism works correctly you don't necessarily need a DS. I am so lucky mine does.

*now that I'm thinking about ancient history, I recall another time I lost weight without effort (it was 20 pounds at least, not a small amount when you are a lightweight) it was when I got myself off lexapro.

yes, I got off while still late teens or early 20s at the oldest after reading Geneen Roth.

So I feel lucky, because I spent my childhood eating so much crap food I am astonished I don't have diabetes yet.

Latest posts

Back