Sunday Weigh In (10/26/2014)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
And had company since Thursday...my eating, while remaining focused on protein, DID go out the window at times. I had Pumpkin Spice donuts, fresh OUT OF THE OIL Apple Cider donuts...went Apple picking and got a 1/2 bushel of the best winter keeping apples called Arkansas Blacks

I ran across them for the first time back when I was in my 20's...they are hard to find but not impossible.

Okay, last week 140
This week still 140

Liz

Sunday weigh in is a great idea. I'm new here and have spent most of my time reading. Great site. I reduced calories this week to 1400 and it has been hard to stay below it, so another week at the same daily calorie count. Only 26 days before my surgery and I so excited about getting the help I need to continue my quest to good health.

Two weeks ago. 328
Today. 323

Didn't put it on overnight, can't take it off any faster.

Sunday weigh in is a great idea. I'm new here and have spent most of my time reading. Great site. I reduced calories this week to 1400 and it has been hard to stay below it, so another week at the same daily calorie count. Only 26 days before my surgery and I so excited about getting the help I need to continue my quest to good health.

Two weeks ago. 328
Today. 323

Didn't put it on overnight, can't take it off any faster.
Good for you!

We do a weekly weigh in for all...those losing like to see it go down, those maintaining like that it stays the same.

BUT an actually weight is entirely up to the person. Some prefer other methods such as how clothes fit. Or they just give the report of "stayed the same", lost a lb", or "gained a lb" without an ACTUAL weight posted as some are very private about how much they actually weigh. And then some weigh on a Mon or Wed or once a month or just at doctor appts...

The idea of this thread is just to stay accountable TO YOURSELF. I know when I ignored the signals, I added weight.

Accountability is what I'm looking for, my goal is to shop in a regular department store. To buy clothes on the sales rack because you rarely find my size on sale unless it's a JMS product which I'm so tired of wearing. My second goal is to be able to live, really live and not just exist. I know I have a long way to go, but I've waited 20 years to finally have insurance that will cover most of it. Now is the time, now is the first day of the rest of my life.

Still struggling! 3 birthdays this past week. Some days I do great, others not so much.

Last week at home 153; today 152.5
Weight Watchers 10/17 150.6; 10/24 151.2.

So I guess could have been worse? Going to focus on protein first this week and getting walking in at least one mile most days, usually on non-work days walk 3+. I am worried if I don't get back under 140, next Spring I will be in 160's!!.,

Re-weighed myself and down .5 today on home scale! Still need to focus and get under 140!

Thanks so much for this site, and support!

Last edited:
Accountability is what I'm looking for, my goal is to shop in a regular department store. To buy clothes on the sales rack because you rarely find my size on sale unless it's a JMS product which I'm so tired of wearing. My second goal is to be able to live, really live and not just exist. I know I have a long way to go, but I've waited 20 years to finally have insurance that will cover most of it. Now is the time, now is the first day of the rest of my life.
Those are great goals.
Still struggling! 3 birthdays this past week. Some days I do great, others not so much.

Last week at home 153; today 154
Weight Watchers 10/17 150.6; 10/24 151.2.

So I guess could have been worse? Going to focus on protein first this week and getting walking in at least one mile most days, usually on non-work days walk 3+. I am worried if I don't get back under 140, next Spring I will be in 160's!!.,

Thanks so much for this site, and support!
Lynn, 3 birthdays in one week will derail most anyone! Just focus and you will get back to your happy place.

Lynn,
It's not what you did last week or even yesterday, it is your plan for today that counts. Remember, no whatta, shoulda, coulda can make a difference...wanna can!

As expected, up from the previous week by 3.5, still down from the beginning of the month by nearly 5.. round & round.

Happy Sunday all,

Way to maintain Liz.
Welcome to the group Lynn.
Jo sorry about the gain but it sounds like you were expecting it. Glad your still down overall.

LW: 119
TW: 119

Lots of sugar...lots oh Holloween I curse you! I am surprised I maintained. Hopefully it will not show up next week.

Have a great week.

Whit

I feel like I am about the same but then I got bigger pants and, frankly, with the elastic waists I'm not sure. I need to find a scale I can use for checking....at work I guess.

good work everyone and look out for those "fun" sized candy bars. suckers will be everywhere this week.

Last week: 177.4
This week: 180
Gain of 2.6 yep, I am going round and round too.
I have lost a total of 3 pounds for the month. I think the rest of my weight is going to be a slug fest. I hope I am up for it, sucks!

Happy Sunday all,

Way to maintain Liz.
Welcome to the group Lynn.
Jo sorry about the gain but it sounds like you were expecting it. Glad your still down overall.

LW: 119
TW: 119

Lots of sugar...lots oh Holloween I curse you! I am surprised I maintained. Hopefully it will not show up next week.

Have a great week.

Whit
Oh, yeah...glad you maintained. Our problem is this area is an overload of kids Trick or Treating. Last year we went thru three huge (Costco or Sam's) size bags of candy and needed more. This year we have four. I'm doing pretty good in that while they ARE in the house, they aren't under my nose. We left them in the basement for now.

I feel like I am about the same but then I got bigger pants and, frankly, with the elastic waists I'm not sure. I need to find a scale I can use for checking....at work I guess.

good work everyone and look out for those "fun" sized candy bars. suckers will be everywhere this week.
Depends on the brand...bigger number is not always bigger in actual size. Example, I typically wear the Amanda line of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans...BUT IF I go to a different brand such as DKNY, I need at least one if not 2 sizes bigger.

Last week: 177.4
This week: 180
Gain of 2.6 yep, I am going round and round too.
I have lost a total of 3 pounds for the month. I think the rest of my weight is going to be a slug fest. I hope I am up for it, sucks!
Sorry you went back up. And yes, it just might be a slug fest but keep slugging at it.

Last Week 118
This Week 119

Round and round and up and down (and up!)
Never had a sweet tooth pre-DS. Was strictly a crunchy salty addict. Now? Bring on the sweets! No bueno...:(

Latest posts

Back