Skin issues...

Kristaz

Has anyone else dealt with major skin issues. I am 32 years old and feel like my skin has been terrible since surgery. I know my body just went through a MAJOR change but is it something I'm eating a vitamin issue/deficiency? Never had skin issues in the past now I'm like a 13 years old girl! Any thoughts?!

More like an acne - mostly face. But also like little white look like small pimples but not really a pimple as they won't pop. Way more oily than ever before. But the rest of my body is incredibly dry.

More like an acne - mostly face. But also like little white look like small pimples but not really a pimple as they won't pop. Way more oily than ever before. But the rest of my body is incredibly dry.
Okay, in the rapid weight loss phase, you are dumping hormones into your system from the fat loss. Hormones live in the fat. Lose the fat, they have to go somewhere...so into your system which causes high, uncontrolled emotions, and acne.

Another culprit is your zinc or vitamin A level. When were your last labs? And what did those two look like.

With that said, the rest of your skin NEEDS fat.

If it doesn't clear up, maybe see a dermatologist but make them aware of vitamin malabsorption issues.

From about 3 months I was clawing at my skin, especially my legs. They were so itchy I awoke in the middle of the night to scratch. (My skin didn't seem dry and flaky though.) For the most part, that has gone away although I still sometimes have furious thigh itching right after I take off my pants or pajama bottoms.

Hormone dumping does bizarre things. It did not give me acne (too old) but I had bad armpit odor in months 2 & 3 which could not be controlled with even the strongest antiperspirants. I had never had any issue with armpit odor in my life so this was a shock, an embarrassing shock. But that went away. Your acne may too.

I have very dry skin but I struggle to keep my protein, albumin and E in range....also have issues with H&H , Zinc, A, D, K and Copper.....yeah...I pretty much battle to keep everything in range. :D

Okay, in the rapid weight loss phase, you are dumping hormones into your system from the fat loss. Hormones live in the fat. Lose the fat, they have to go somewhere...so into your system which causes high, uncontrolled emotions, and acne.

Another culprit is your zinc or vitamin A level. When were your last labs? And what did those two look like.

With that said, the rest of your skin NEEDS fat.

If it doesn't clear up, maybe see a dermatologist but make them aware of vitamin malabsorption issues.
Makes sense! I haven't had labs yet. Dr K had told me 3 months out which is next week. I figured with the major changes ans weight loss etc would be the cause just wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue I was misuse or a trigger to watch for.

Latest posts

Back