Protein Powders

FloridaJen

The Curious One
Hi gang. I'm supposed to be doing a pre-preop diet right now, which consists of 2 weeks of a low carb/low fat diet and 1 week of liquids (protein drinks, yogurt, water blech) alternating until my surgery. Something about the liver shrinkage.

I have lactose sensitivity so want to find the best protein powder I can find for now AND afterward. I know it's been said that whey isolate is the best for absorption, right? Does anyone have any advice on non-whey powders? I've tried pea protein in the past, but I want to make sure I'm getting something that will be best absorbed after I'm rearranged.

I found this and it seems to have decent reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/MRM-Dairy-Fr...+powder&qid=1565882552&s=gateway&sr=8-11&th=1

If that's no good I was going to try this one since it seems to contain little lactose
https://www.amazon.com/Dymatize-Pro...+powder&qid=1565882552&s=gateway&sr=8-16&th=1

Would love your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jen

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have lactose sensitivity so want to find the best protein powder I can find for now AND afterward. I know it's been said that whey isolate is the best for absorption, right? Does anyone have any advice on non-whey powders? I've tried pea protein in the past, but I want to make sure I'm getting something that will be best absorbed after I'm rearranged.
Whey Isolate doesn't seem to have the same effect as whey IN MILK. Just make them with water. However, Egg white protein is a good option. IF you don't have issues with your thyroid, Soy protein is also an acceptable option.

Try small conatiners of protein first...do you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you? They carry different brands and some in individual servings. That why you don't waste anything.

Whey Isolate doesn't seem to have the same effect as whey IN MILK. Just make them with water. However, Egg white protein is a good option. IF you don't have issues with your thyroid, Soy protein is also an acceptable option.

Try small conatiners of protein first...do you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you? They carry different brands and some in individual servings. That why you don't waste anything.
I do have a Vitamin Shoppe right near my house, good idea!

Latest posts

Back