Potentially Political Post

I have personally been the victim of a very serious violent crime which I don't wish to discuss in any detail, but which I mention here as it was the type of experience which is often cited in these types of discussions as "if x happened to you or your loved ones, you would have a different opinion on private gun-ownership."

Despite that horrific event I still choose not to possess a firearm. My family is armed with wit, Nerf guns, carb-induced vapors, and a home security system.

Further based on my experience, my preference would be to require state testing of skill/safety and proof of liability insurance as part of gun licensing and ownership, similar to what is in place for drivers licensing and motor vehicle ownership. I would prefer state-run periodic testing/validation of presence of locking gun safe or similar for storage of personal firearms; something I see as loosely corresponding with periodic vehicle emissions inspections. Further, I would prefer sales of firearms to be restricted to sales at facilities managed by state-licensed dealers similar to what is in place for liquor sales. I would prefer prohibition of private peer-to-peer and gun show type sales.

Last edited:
I have blocked the fundy paranoiac and will see no more of his ignorance. Nonetheless I shall comment on the sheer idiocy of the efforts to use biblical prooftexting to support any claims connected to firearms.

1. Idiot proof piece: Bible people knew nothing of firearms because they had not been invented yet.

2. Content piece: The poor persecuted Stan cited a verse, pulled out of context from a speech attributed to Jesus, that was clearly allegorical in nature (talk of who casts out demons and how), and tried to claim it supported his unclear position.

He appears to either be genuinely ignorant of his error or to believe that I cannot explain the problem. Probably the former.

I have one degree in theology, 30 years of experience, and 2 classes left to a second degree in theology. Stan will say that matters nothing because he is born again and has the holy ghost.

When anyone here points out the ludicrousness of this statement, he will claim persecution. So of COURSE he is persecuted.

So, why waste time on him? It's a simple subject for everyone but him. And I have made clear my support of the second. Amendment. But he keeps snarking. Because he doesn't know how dumb he kooks. Next. Step is to blame me for being an unsubmissive female. Just watch, if you haven't blocked him yet.

I have personally been the victim of a very serious violent crime which I don't wish to discuss in any detail, but which I mention here as it was the type of experience which is often cited in these types of discussions as "if x happened to you or your loved ones, you would have a different opinion on private gun-ownership."

Despite that horrific event I still choose not to possess a firearm. My family is armed with wit, Nerf guns, carb-induced vapors, and a home security system.

Further based on my experience, my preference would be to require state testing of skill/safety and proof of liability insurance as part of gun licensing and ownership, similar to what is in place for drivers licensing and motor vehicle ownership. I would prefer state-run periodic testing/validation of presence of locking gun safe or similar for storage of personal firearms; something I see as loosely corresponding with periodic vehicle emissions inspections. Further, I would prefer sales of firearms to be restricted to sales at facilities managed by state-licensed dealers similar to what is in place for liquor sales. I would prefer prohibition of private peer-to-peer and gun show type sales.
First - I'm sorry that you have the perspective that you have. And I'm simultaneously pleased that it didn't change what I consider your most rational and reasonable viewpoint (since it completely coincides with mine).

me, too - what Hilary said

you regulate guns and require insurance just like with cars - because they can hurt or kills someone.

@kirmy, thanks for the positive thoughts. It was a long, long time ago and the scars are long faded - inside and out. While I lost a lot, I also gained strength and a much different appreciation for life. I also gained strong opinions on matters such as gun legislation, crime, sentencing/punishment/rehabilitation/recidivism, accountability and forgiveness, which I will spare everyone, other than my prior post which sums up my view on the topic at hand.

Some can disagree and voice their opinions. Others (apparently 2 ) must resort to name calling and trying to denigrate someone for having a differing opinion. Well, shame on you. Pity on you. You obviously have serious self esteem issues and should pursue (or continue to pursue) psychiatric solutions to your mental instabilities.

I thank and appreciate the others who disagree with me, but were superior enough to not resort to trying to run somebody into the ground.

I'm not the gun toting fundy running down "classless poor people" whilst quoting the bible. You are the very definition of dim. And it's Kirmy.....why don't you fire off a few rounds and pray for me?

I'm not the gun toting fundy running down "classless poor people" whilst quoting the bible. You are the very definition of dim. And it's Kirmy.....why don't you fire off a few rounds and pray for me?
You can't possibly know anything about the Bible. You're psycho and not a True Believer (tm). Not to mention NOT AN AMERICAN.

Latest posts

Back