Potentially Political Post

A self-appointed neighborhood defender has to defend himself against a guy he is afraid of...and chasing? :em: :ydrbatcdy:

What could be confusing?
Don't misunderstand, I believe the whole thing is a bunch of bullshit, but lots of others believe the opposite. Quite frankly, once that asshole started following a kid around the neighborhood at night, he was asking for a confrontation, and he found it. If he hadn't been carrying a gun, that child would still be alive.

Don't misunderstand, I believe the whole thing is a bunch of bullshit, but lots of others believe the opposite. Quite frankly, once that asshole started following a kid around the neighborhood at night, he was asking for a confrontation, and he found it. If he hadn't been carrying a gun, that child would still be alive.
That's how I understood you and if I had a SARCASM font, my reply would have been easier to read!

somewhere online is a surveillance video from a Florida gaming parlor that was robbed by two young assholes. They were stopped by a guest who was retired LEO and still carried an appropriate weapon.

this video was used a lot to argue for more concealed carry options. I found it fascinating that none of those arguments that I saw said a word about the high degree of skills the guy showed, including how he purposely clipped the armed kid in the arm and how he alerted other guests to duck and cover.

nope, the call was for more gun access, not for making highly skilled training more required AND accessible.

I know what it means. Instead of being vague, maybe you could be more enlightening?

The words (of Jesus) are clear as day.
it would be a waste of words to try to enlighten you. Anyone who believes that verse can be pulled out of context to support the idea that unrestricted firearm ownership for self defense is a God given right.... Nope, you just go on believing that you hold moral high ground and are in danger of persecution. Fortunately, your way of life might indeed be on the wane.

Once again: I fully support the acessibility of firearms AND the. Proper training needed for accurate self defense.

Last edited:
All I can say is you are all lucky that you are nowhere near St. Louis because there is crazy shit going on around here! I worry about the family members that do have guns and the ones like myself who don't. I am not close to Ferguson but it doesn’t matter because it is causing problems in a lot of surrounding areas. It is damn scary.

somewhere online is a surveillance video from a Florida gaming parlor that was robbed by two young assholes. They were stopped by a guest who was retired LEO and still carried an appropriate weapon.

this video was used a lot to argue for more concealed carry options. I found it fascinating that none of those arguments that I saw said a word about the high degree of skills the guy showed, including how he purposely clipped the armed kid in the arm and how he alerted other guests to duck and cover.

nope, the call was for more gun access, not for making highly skilled training more required AND accessible.
What do you mean, by saying that training is not accessible? How accessible does it have to be, to satisfy your seemingly unattainable expectations??? Training is available EVERYWHERE!

All I can say is you are all lucky that you are nowhere near St. Louis because there is crazy shit going on around here! I worry about the family members that do have guns and the ones like myself who don't. I am not close to Ferguson but it doesn’t matter because it is causing problems in a lot of surrounding areas. It is damn scary.
Yeah, Barb...it is weird way over here.

So the kid most likely pulled a strong-arm robbery...not nice and clearly illegal. And the Ferguson cops put that info out early today.

But the cop who shot and killed him didn't know that, and only engaged with him because he was walking in the middle of the street?

So instead of getting his ass arrested on a strong-arm robbery charge, which there is a very good chance he deserved, he got street-executed for jaywalking and obstructing traffic? He probably didn't deserve that.

And meanwhile, the Ferguson Chief of Police admits LATER IN THE DAY that the cop who killed the kid did not know he was a suspect in the robbery? That info should have gone out when the other info about the robbery went out. But it didn't, which makes it look VERY suspicious.

And the whole race thing...60% of the population is African America. Less than 6% of the police force is African American. The city council is also overwhelmingly white. The power in that town did not shift with the shifting demographics. That is fixable. But when 94%+ of a PD is one race and only 40% of the general population is also that race, it is a set up for claims of racial discrimination. I go way back to the first round of Watts riots in LA. An African American woman who was a witness to some inappropriate police behavior was questioned--and it was televised--and asked WHICH of the (White) cops had done the bad thing. She responded, "I don't know. They all look alike to me!" Which was the laugh-getter comment of the whole deal. (For people who don't know why, that line was something that White folks very frequently said about Blacks...to hear it going the other way was funny. At least at the time.)

For some reason, I just remembered this circa 1971-72 event. My then-boyfriend and I were discussing firearms. He was TRAINING OFFICER at a major law enforcement academy, which meant that he pretty much presented as a perfect cop. He yelled at cadets and did white glove inspections and was more than fair at the range, qualifying as a Distinguished Expert pointing at the targets...his life was his job. We were sitting in the living room and he was explaining/demonstrating his rifle to me. BOOM! He ran to the stereo (he was also a fan of classical music) and put on Ravel's Bolero, which was pretty noisy. (I would have gone for Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, myself...way more BOOMS.)

Anyway, they were cottage cheese ceilings--the new "in thing"--and there was a place that sold those in the nearby shopping center. I wandered in the next day with a plastic cup and said, "Hi! I'm your new neighbor. Can I borrow a cup of ceiling?"

We managed to patch the ceiling with the borrowed cottage cheese, but I'm still glad it was an upstairs apartment and the "training lesson"was pointed up.

(Maybe I was just so damned cute I distracted him. Or maybe accidents happen, even with very HIGHLY trained professionals. I don't know why I didn't remember this until now, but it may be one of the events that informs my opinion on this matter.)

Diana pointed out that 50% of people have limited IQ's. I think this post gives credence to this. To argue that Jesus is a sound theory for open carry is like me arguing that the Loch Ness monster is a good reason to keep a toad in my pocket.

I worry about how America will divide in the next 50 years as you are battered by changing global weather, you children grow up and reject religion at a rate of knots poverty becomes the increasing social demographic and home ownership becomes unattainable for most, the division between the haves and hAve nots becomes overwhelming. How will the gun lobby market themselves? The same "boogey man gonna get ya" social paranoia? As many learn democracy is usually enjoyed by those who can afford it how will society respond. Not to feed your paranoia...but the rest of the world is watching you.

I'm sure Jesus wants you to own an AK47. Sometimes Winnie the Pooh makes me eat Nutella out of the jar with my fingers.

Diana pointed out that 50% of people have limited IQ's. I think this post gives credence to this. To argue that Jesus is a sound theory for open carry is like me arguing that the Loch Ness monster is a good reason to keep a toad in my pocket.

I worry about how America will divide in the next 50 years as you are battered by changing global weather, you children grow up and reject religion at a rate of knots poverty becomes the increasing social demographic and home ownership becomes unattainable for most, the division between the haves and hAve nots becomes overwhelming. How will the gun lobby market themselves? The same "boogey man gonna get ya" social paranoia? As many learn democracy is usually enjoyed by those who can afford it how will society respond. Not to feed your paranoia...but the rest of the world is watching you.

I'm sure Jesus wants you to own an AK47. Sometimes Winnie the Pooh makes me eat Nutella out of the jar with my fingers.
Twist what was written, put words in my mouth that I never wrote. Denigrate all you like. I'm sure it makes you feel superior, and I'm guessing you really need to feel that way. Way to keep it classy...oops. I meant classless.

Be safe, @Barb1.

Latest posts

Back